Sign in to follow this  
beasters

How Your Car Sits

3 hours ago, Aequitas_Veritas said:

C3WmJGp.jpg

Love the polished pieces!

7 hours ago, Ol' Dirty Noodle said:

The hood latch isn’t center of the grill on x70s? I had an issue on the S40 once can’t remember exactly what the problem was but having the eggcrate grill saved me because I could stick a socket on a swivel extension in and remove the latch to open the hood and fix everything 

Twin latches on the P80. Final release is in the center but the hard locking pieces are behind the headlights. 

Love seeing all you guys posting up again! 

Car looks awesome Paul, I love how clean you keep that engine bay!!!

Here's my wagon out on a job site for a building I designed earlier today:

25695801237_2c8fcb0b43_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, andyb5 said:

Love seeing all you guys posting up again! 

Car looks awesome Paul, I love how clean you keep that engine bay!!!

Here's my wagon out on a job site for a building I designed earlier today:

Designed the whole building in just a morning!? You are good. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Aequitas_Veritas said:

Driving a MK4 Jetta TDI, which is more the DD, but I still drive it quite often. Just cant turn down that 40MPG. 

cool - im in a vw as well.

im headed to san diego for a week soon - maybe ill catch a car meet or something! (i know it wont be a volvo meet lol)

8 years of ownership and this is the first time I’ve ever had pegs on the Saff. (They were free and I’m having the Heicos refurbished.)

97948C07-6BD3-4CE3-9DFE-4ABD04029FC1.jpeg

Edited by B_Dub
  • Upvote 2

@B_Dub Love it, your ride height is perfect.

I can't wait for winter to end so I can lower the rear of my Saff R back down.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, quiksilver said:

@B_Dub Love it, your ride height is perfect.

I can't wait for winter to end so I can lower the rear of my Saff R back down.

Thanks man, and I know what you mean... winters almost over at least

4 hours ago, B_Dub said:

8 years of ownership and this is the first time I’ve ever had pegs on the Saff. (They were free and I’m having the Heicos refurbished.)

97948C07-6BD3-4CE3-9DFE-4ABD04029FC1.jpeg

Very nice! 

Yep, that looks like pdx..  :dry:

I think we need more pics.  Was looking at your old posts but all the images got photo-bucketed..  :sad:

Maybe I'll see you on I5 some time..?

• Upvote 1

thats a nice car and nice mod list - how do you like the 4t4 turbo? that car must MOVE!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, gdog said:

Very nice! 

Yep, that looks like pdx..  :dry:

I think we need more pics.  Was looking at your old posts but all the images got photo-bucketed..  :sad:

Maybe I'll see you on I5 some time..?

Thanks man... yeah, dreary ol’ P-Town in March, just the best for the psyche.

And Photobucket can eat a large bag of dicks, it’s a shame how much content is just lost forever because of their money grab. There are resources on this forum and others  that I leaned on in order to complete my build that just don’t exist anymore because pics are gone. Just a shame.

I have been a real streaky Volvospeed contributor, partly because there used to be a bunch of asshats here, and partly because I spent 5 years at ipd, which basically killed the fun of being an enthusiast. I need to re-make a build thread complete with some updated (non-photobucket) pictures. 

14 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

thats a nice car and nice mod list - how do you like the 4t4 turbo? that car must MOVE!

*** UPDATED MOD LIST***  I didn't realize how out of date my signature was... so updated now. Thanks man, I really appreciate that! The 4t4 is a nice turbo. I think it’s well-proportioned to the platform, which is an underrated attribute for a turbo. So many people want to chase numbers, even if those numbers result in a car that isn’t as fun to drive, ie laggy and instant-free-silver-handcuff-powerband. The 4t4 spools fast but also pulls well up top. Everyone loves to hate ipd because they’re ipd, but in reality they did a pretty nice job with the turbo.

In full disclosure, my 4T4 suffered from a pretty massive design flaw: the wastegate began to stick open because the manufacturer utilized a cast wastegate bushing in a stainless housing. The cast bushing burred into the SS and bound. It was glorious to make 30 pounds, but it’s just lucky I knew to back out of the throttle and Aaron at VAST had written a decent tune, otherwise I would have blown my motor just like the previous 3 motors that MTE/ipd tunes blew. Don’t get me started.

So, I sent my 4T4 out to a turbo rebuilder and had it repaired. For a grand. Now, realize that I got a price break on my 4T4 because at the time of purchase I was still an employee, but the purchase price along with the repair cost has made me regret not just going for an EFR and the associated modifications to the exhaust in the first place.

Edited by B_Dub
  • Upvote 1

Because Saffron R whoring.

What I wish it looked like right now.

38837575620_3f861829c0_b.jpg

What it actually looks like.

39751962305_94ed0846dd_c.jpg

• Upvote 5