Sign in to follow this  
beasters

How Your Car Sits

6 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Because Saffron R whoring.

Whatever, your car is so hot, I love it!

Edited by B_Dub
  • Upvote 1

Just now, B_Dub said:

Your car is so hot, I love it!

Pretty similar aesthetically to yours, just yours would leave mine in the dust. Need to solve my O2 voltage issue and install the wideband sitting in my closet so Aaron can up the boost.

Slowly getting it to where I want.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Pretty similar aesthetically to yours, just yours would leave mine in the dust. Need to solve my O2 voltage issue and install the wideband sitting in my closet so Aaron can up the boost.

Slowly getting it to where I want.

Weird, lambda issues on a 4.4 car? Naaahhhh, lol. I don't know what you're talking about.

Traded in all the Volvos for a boat!  Have a 609 hood that has been flooded with salt water left over if anyone is interested lol.  And some S70 heated rear seats (those didn't get flooded).

40626444721_9022d2a7be_k.jpg

9 minutes ago, B_Dub said:

Weird, lambda issues on a 4.4 car? Naaahhhh, lol. I don't know what you're talking about.

Tell me about it...

Already replaced the alternator and front O2, but noise is being injected whenever I touch the throttle.

Started a thread to try and figure it out, but it looks wiring related which is the last thing I wanted.

That is some serious flooding and I hope you and your family, home, and belongings are ok- let alone your beautiful collection of Volvos...

8 hours ago, B_Dub said:

eCc2Vf3.jpg

Ah COP - how do you like it? I am leaning towards doing it (Already have my tune under way with Aaron) because I should do cap/rotor/plugs/coil/wires anyway on my car. My only concern is concealing it all. I would like to be able to maintain my OEM CF spark plug cover haha. Petty, I know, but looking at your car I think you'd understand/agree.

I would agree on the turbo/ipd - everything I've seen or read on the 4t4 suggests its a great turbo for the majority of our set ups. Great photos and a very beautiful/clean R! Tastefully modded - it looks awesome! Nice numbers too even on a Mustang Dyno! Aaron has really made a name for himself and put a lot of fast volvos out there!

Also, is that a custom injector cover?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, B_Dub said:

eCc2Vf3.jpg

Ah yes, that's what we want to see!

JK; it's all gorgeous!  That's not the original paint is it?

Looks like sellwood blvd overlooking OaksPark?  Nice view from there.

How is your S90 MAF not clipping?  Or is it?

Edited by gdog

57 minutes ago, Brad850 said:

Aaron is the genius we all need

^^  +100000000...

14 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

Ah COP - how do you like it? I am leaning towards doing it (Already have my tune under way with Aaron) because I should do cap/rotor/plugs/coil/wires anyway on my car. My only concern is concealing it all. I would like to be able to maintain my OEM CF spark plug cover haha. Petty, I know, but looking at your car I think you'd understand/agree.

I would agree on the turbo/ipd - everything I've seen or read on the 4t4 suggests its a great turbo for the majority of our set ups. Great photos and a very beautiful/clean R! Tastefully modded - it looks awesome! Nice numbers too even on a Mustang Dyno! Aaron has really made a name for himself and put a lot of fast volvos out there!

Also, is that a custom injector cover?

The COP made a pretty substantial difference, ignition is noticeably smoother under load and detonation is all but eliminated- especially when I’m running the E85 map. I’m running an RN motor so the install was pretty clean as far as the harness goes. Getting rid of the dizzy provides a lot of space on the back of the engine, which I find really helps to clean the bay up, aesthetically speaking.

Thanks for your kind words about the car, I rarely share online so it’s nice to get some positive feedback.

Aaron is a wonderful tuner and an even better person. Can’t say enough good things about him.

1 hour ago, gdog said:

Ah yes, that's what we want to see!

JK; it's all gorgeous!  That's not the original paint is it?

Looks like sellwood blvd overlooking OaksPark?  Nice view from there.

How is your S90 MAF not clipping?  Or is it?

Thanks! Paint is all original other than the front bumper and the roof, which I just had professionally resprayed this last summer. The hood, front bumper, front fendersall four doors and the entire interior were from a donor Saff that belonged to a good friend. He bought a time capsule 60k Saff here in Portland 3 years ago and pampered it. His wife was rear-ended and it totaled the car. I bought it (with the Pegs I now have on the car) for $1,300 and picked the car to its carcass. My old paint work wasn’t bad, but this car- as the pictures show- was immaculate. My car originally had a tan interior.

The photos are taken in the Overlook neighborhood where I live.

That engine bay photo was taken a week before Aaron flew out to Portland and tuned my car. That MAF was an Audi A8 housing that MTE had tuned for when I first installed the 4T4. The maf sensor didn’t center properly in the housing, so Aaron recommended just using the S90 housing, which is more than adequate for my needs.

1 hour ago, Brad850 said:

Aaron is the genius we all need

Amen!

7 minutes ago, B_Dub said:

The photos are taken in the Overlook neighborhood where I live.

Dang, that was my 2nd guess..  :blockhead:

Care to recommend the body shop that did the respray?

13 minutes ago, gdog said:

Dang, that was my 2nd guess..  :blockhead:

Care to recommend the body shop that did the respray?

Ha, yeah- it’s almost the same view as on the bluff over Oaks bottom... just with less bums, lol.

Straightline Auto Body on SE Grand did the paint work. Kevin knows Volvo’s well and has a great crew over there. Right next to Nicholas’s restaurant and one block down from Andy and Bax

I was planning on running the stock 16s with all-seasons until next winter but my local tire guy had a sale on Pirelli P4s in the size I wanted... so I finally wrapped the 17" Spartacus wheels I've had in storage for the past few years and put them on the wagon.

40859998812_1225ce4a6d_h.jpg

40901856801_52a053904d_h.jpg

Now I need tint...

• Upvote 3

i dont remember you picking one of those up - looks nice

i really like the 07 xc70 and want one but it doesnt make sense for me

• Upvote 1