beasters

How Your Car Sits

40 minutes ago, bob82pigdog said:

I'm blowing the lid off this conspiracy! Then everyone will know! For science! 

The other VS myth. Billy HD's "raise" the car. 

I don't know about the japan, but stock manifold to R manifold did completely change the sound of my car. I really miss the way it used to sound.

• Upvote 1

On June 15, 2018 at 10:17 AM, gmsgltr said:

yeah i was going to say it doesnt sound like an r manifold at all haha

LOVE it!

Definitely love it haha it sounds great! Interesting though, I thought it sounded a fair bit different from my car but it could just be the audio recording differences, and the IPD exhaust. In this video my car had a stock exhaust and IPD intake

On June 16, 2018 at 8:44 AM, RBoy8 said:

must... resist... this... urge...

I actually took the S70 for a spin at the last autocross of the season last year, and noticed the steering wheel was easier to manage. Now that I'm taking things a bit quicker, I've begun to feel how clunky the 850 wheel is. Although, I guess having small Asian hands doesn't help much either. :laugh:

If you go with an aftermarket wheel, does the SRS light come on for the airbag?

I've been rocking my old S70 T5 SE's wheel for just over a year now and it's just so so much better than the bus-like 850 steering wheel - it's at least 20mm smaller in diameter. Nicer spots for your thumbs to hold at 9 and 3 as well. Would recommend making the switch! 

1XfnTgwh.jpg

Edited by sventastic
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Aequitas_Veritas said:

Best option is the S90 wheel, same as the european 850 wheel. Smaller diameter, better looking airbag and still matches. 

Agreed! 

A black walnut S/V70 wheel would also fit in really well (at least in a T5-R/850R)

Edited by sventastic
  • Upvote 1

Get a 960/S90 wheel and send it to redline to match the stock one. Here was mine right after I got it. Installation wasn't the best as you can tell, but that's because I had a US installer do it. Also if I did it all over again, I wouldn't have added padding, it's a little too soft

IMG_20161119_153524193.jpg

• Upvote 2

You guys definitely have me interested in looking at a smaller steering wheel now. For those with the 960/S90/Euro 850 wheels, do you guys have the diameter of them? I'm going to measure my 850 and S70 wheels, and figure it out from there. I was browsing around Sparco's website and they have a few I like..... unless I go the Euro 850 wheel but I'd definitely have to get it matched. My S70 actually has the dark walnut trim on it too... I should just "borrow" it. :laugh:

14 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

You guys definitely have me interested in looking at a smaller steering wheel now. For those with the 960/S90/Euro 850 wheels, do you guys have the diameter of them? I'm going to measure my 850 and S70 wheels, and figure it out from there. I was browsing around Sparco's website and they have a few I like..... unless I go the Euro 850 wheel but I'd definitely have to get it matched. My S70 actually has the dark walnut trim on it too... I should just "borrow" it. :laugh:

My 850R wheel is 395mm, S70 wheel is ~373-375mm. I'm curious on the euro 850 diameter too... What do you mean you'd have to get the euro 850 wheel matched? 

Edited by sventastic

29 minutes ago, sventastic said:

What do you mean you'd have to get the euro 850 wheel matched? 

Matched meaning like my picture, the lower leather portion specific to the R. In his case for the T-5r it' alcantara

On 6/23/2018 at 11:40 PM, RBoy8 said:

You guys definitely have me interested in looking at a smaller steering wheel now. 

Nardi Classic 330mm. 

tumblr_inline_nc4i9yqM7E1qfkjm4.gif

• Downvote 1