Sign in to follow this  
beasters

How Your Car Sits

11 hours ago, andyb5 said:

I also got rid of the pinstripes on my R. However, they were underneath the clearcoat. 

Between the repairs I had done in June and the last week,  the whole wagon has been given a fresh coat of Venetian Red. I’ll post more details in my build thread soon. 

Well that made it a bit harder to remove them :P 

Paint job looks amazing! Have you considered a clear bra to protect it?

On 8/19/2018 at 8:01 AM, gilber33 said:

Said goodbye to the R on Friday. Didn't want a car payment anymore and wanted a wagon. Couldn't find any halfway decent P80 wagons around here so got this instead. 05 325iT. Trunk is a few inches shorter than than the R but the backseat is significantly bigger which is important with 2 car seats. 

How many places does it leak from? Also surprised to here it has more room than a P2. I can barely fit the front facing seat in the back of mine. Get some good tires in 245 width all around and enjoy it. 

My '03 330 with Koni FSD's and Eibach springs.

Hxh0yCUl.jpg

On 8/30/2018 at 2:45 AM, sventastic said:

Well that made it a bit harder to remove them :P 

Paint job looks amazing! Have you considered a clear bra to protect it?

Yeah, I was not pleased when I found out the stripes were under the clear. I’m so happy they’re finally gone. 

Once the fresh paint is fully hardened I’m gonna have the whole car polished and ceramic coated 😁 

It’s currently parked outside of my apartment:

44341911302_b40a37d720_b.jpg

• Upvote 4

Andy your car gets hit like two times a week and it somehow still looks better than mine. 

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Brad850 said:

Andy your car gets hit like two times a week and it somehow still looks better than mine. 

That's kind of what I was thinking; that's too nice of a car not to have it in a garage at night..

17 hours ago, Brad850 said:

16 hours ago, gdog said:

That's kind of what I was thinking; that's too nice of a car not to have it in a garage at night..

:laugh: thanks Brad!

Gdog, while I don’t have my own garage, I am careful about where I park and it’s typically getting parked in the city garage across the street from my apartment so it’s better than nothing. 

On 8/31/2018 at 10:44 AM, Black Betty said:

How many places does it leak from? Also surprised to here it has more room than a P2. I can barely fit the front facing seat in the back of mine. Get some good tires in 245 width all around and enjoy it. 

My '03 330 with Koni FSD's and Eibach springs.

No leaks. And my wife and I are short, so that helps. But definitely more room in the back seat. 

20180818_154711.jpg

I misjudged a U-turn last year and my bumper ate sh*t. Still sits like that. Moving to AZ so that will get fixed with everything else before the big drive.

4B02C61F-B7AC-4C70-ADE4-D589E424EF45.jpeg

1 hour ago, floggingmike said:

I misjudged a U-turn last year and my bumper ate sh*t. Still sits like that. Moving to AZ so that will get fixed with everything else before the big drive.

Man that hurts to see, hope you can get it all patched up again. Good luck with the big move Mike! 

On 9/3/2018 at 9:00 AM, floggingmike said:

Boo on the bumper but NICE on AZ! Where in AZ? New job?

Finally went P2.  Twice actually as the first was hit and totaled 2 months after I got it.:angry:  Here is the current one.  Pretty much where its going to be as I have a 98 T5M coming.  :a-farmboy:

front.thumb.jpg.5664f623585875080a965b57b661aa6d.jpgrear.thumb.jpg.70b0aaa7158578f069e8a30161f86a54.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

i hate it

Good cuz i hate you...............a lot.

• Upvote 1