How Your Car Sits

beasters

1 hour ago, quiksilver said:

Heard this thread needed a bump.

51630547641_2246cd06d8_b.jpg

Prep'd for Oblivion (aka Canadian Radwood).

51631399365_1f2b958d24_b.jpg

Chilling with @Peacock & @RBoy8 in the show staging lot.

Anthony's car made mine look bad- his is incredible.

This thread always needs a bump. 
And this pic deserves to be on the next page ❤️ 

Looking good.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting close to wrapping up some long awaited mods.

At a high level, the interior was gutted to recover the headliner, fix the broken dash mounts, and a thorough cleaning. Parts added:

DVS 320mm front brakes
Stainless brake lines - new steel lines on the rear as well
KW V3s
control arms
end links
strut mounts
rear spring seats
delta links 
trailing arm bushings
replaced sunroof glass, removed sunroof assy to clean and lubricate
...and probably something else in there.

WmK3vCy.jpg

I'm really excited about these seat bottoms that I recently found in a junk yard. I speculate that this car has ~300k miles on it... and the last seat bottom (and seat back) really showed it.

h1Fit45.jpg

I'll drive the car for a few more weeks as I wait on some more parts for the new engine/turbo/etc... Parts that are already here:
B5234T9 - I've stripped it to the rotating assembly for cleaning and inspection; it gets all new parts going back together
dual VVT cylinder head that I've ported myself - 😐
Japanifold
N/A intake manifold w/ throttle body/960 plate
K24
do88 intercooler/rip kit
do88 radiator
vast ecu
new R bumper and R spoiler that needs to be painted

The shop is a mess - I've got a dumpster outside for purging a lot of the stuff that's accumulated over the last few years.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, RobT5M said:

Looks great, I take it from the "Dual VVT head" you're swaping over a RN head, which year are you going with and any reason why?

I've got an '04 B5234T9 from the c70 hpt going in for the bottom end.

The head and cams are from a 2006 s60 2.5t. I pulled this head from a car in the junk yard because I couldn't stand to walk away from such a clean engine... And Aaron told me that most of the gains in controlling vvt come from the intake.

The B5234T9 only had exhaust vvt. The ecu from vast will control intake and exhaust vvt - I figured 'why not?' 🙂

I'll be using the MLS head gasket.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, mojojo said:

I've got an '04 B5234T9 from the c70 hpt going in for the bottom end.

The head and cams are from a 2006 s60 2.5t. I pulled this head from a car in the junk yard because I couldn't stand to walk away from such a clean engine... And Aaron told me that most of the gains in controlling vvt come from the intake.

The B5234T9 only had exhaust vvt. The ecu from vast will control intake and exhaust vvt - I figured 'why not?' 🙂

I'll be using the MLS head gasket.

Nice!   Aaron definitely seems knowledgeable enough, I did my last engine swap based on his recommendations for the 2.4 over a 2.3/2.5.

7 hours ago, gdog said:

I got to start trolling JYs again..  good stuff!!

You'll find plenty of P2's and P3's now, P80s and RWD are few and far between.
Such a change from 5-10 years ago.

7 hours ago, mojojo said:

I actually never pulled parts from a junk yard until a few weeks ago when I got the n/a intake.

I also needed a replacement clip nut for the dash and those were nowhere to be found...

I can see how it would be addictive.

Cheap parts, who wouldnt lol.

Well, it's been aligned and back on the road temporarily until the new engine goes in. The car handles like a dream, and the 320mm front brakes are a great improvement over the 280mm stockers that just wouldn't wear out...

V3wWEjB.jpg 

The paint on the front bumper has been crap for the last few years. Here it was when I painted it back in ~2015. I think I'll finally get the spare r bumper and r spoiler that I have painted this fall. We'll see. Those Titans are still in rough shape - I've actually got two full sets of Titans in my shop, but I'm torn between the 17/18 wheel.

QEYrfQt.jpg

When I disassembled the interior, I completely cleaned every piece before it went back in the car; including pressure washing the beige carpets. I'm happy to know that the platinum car still has the original color interior. Every other one I've seen in person has swapped to black. I would have liked to buy new carpets for the car, but I couldn't find any fronts... and I really would like a new set of beige Volvo mats but I couldn't find those either.

02BgDHw.jpg

I finally got the valve guide seals for the RN head so that I can start putting that back together. I think I've got everything to do the swap now, I just need to make it happen. It's been fun working on it lately, but I definitely feel like I'm a good ~10 years behind the crowd on this thing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

wanted to throw my car in here, thanks RobT5M for showing me this thread : )

mostly stock, though i did make a custom exhaust and intake.  had the turbo rebuilt, with a gauge installed and a new system tune.  Generally just messing around though, so far its been pretty fun. Haven't thrown any wrenches yet which is nice

PXL_20210927_024711248_2.jpg

PXL_20211028_000943147.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2021 at 11:54 PM, VVolfSocks said:

wanted to throw my car in here, thanks RobT5M for showing me this thread : )

mostly stock, though i did make a custom exhaust and intake.  had the turbo rebuilt, with a gauge installed and a new system tune.  Generally just messing around though, so far its been pretty fun. Haven't thrown any wrenches yet which is nice

Lookin good, throw some wrenches its fun!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gdog said:

Anyone else still seeing this?  Been happening to me for at least a week.

image.png.67bccd9b8c7337c83361b334dfe49814.png

Doesn't seem to be a browser issue; tried FF, chrome, and opera.

Yep, i've been seeing it from time to time, but usually only after liking a few posts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 4:50 AM, RobT5M said:

Lookin good, throw some wrenches its fun!

Thanks! i probably will when i start messing with the suspension (looking to go magnetic but im having trouble finding a set thatll fit); only issue is that i'll be working on the street. dont want to put a tool through a window XD