How Your Car Sits

beasters

42 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

Not sure if this is allowed with how people like to talk about their feelings these days, but I was summoned yet no longer have a Volvo. So here I am.

Flag Truck Dog Grass.jpg

Half of us no longer have them so you're good 🙃

On 1/15/2022 at 11:09 PM, mojojo said:

High level parts list:
B5234T9
K24 
japanifold
Green Injectors
N/A Intake + TB
IPD Turbo back
do88 intercooler
Vast tune (COP and dual VVT)

It's hard to find good info on these cars anymore. I'm very happy with the project, but curious if there's anything to be done with smoothing out the power band. Anyone know the consensus on the N intake manifold vs the RN manifold?

Can't comment on N vs RN intake manifold, but would think Aaron at vast would be a good resource, and/or Matt (@SimplyVolvo).  I'd imagine the RN would flow a bit better but that's a guess on my part.  If looking for dialing in mo' pwr, can suggest adding meth/H2O injection.  That will allow more timing to be applied before detonation kicks in.

Edit; sorry, meant to say the RN would flow a bit better; fixed above.  Again, defer to others who have more than an opinion on the subject.. :a-farmboy:

Edited by gdog
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, quiksilver said:

He's manual swapped.

isnt 280 a bit low for k24 and all those supporting mods and dynojet? or am i still believing all the kids that used to come on here "300whp with my 16t!" lol

From what I recall 280 was achieved on my 16T C70 a couple of years ago. I would expect K24 would net higher, but how conservative is the tuning would be the question. I'd take 280 on a K24 over 280 on a 16T all day.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:25 PM, gdog said:

Can't comment on N vs RN intake manifold, but would think Aaron at vast would be a good resource, and/or Matt (@SimplyVolvo).  I'd imagine the N would flow a bit better but that's a guess on my part.  If looking for dialing in mo' pwr, can suggest adding meth/H2O injection.  That will allow more timing to be applied before detonation kicks in.

From a design standpoint, the N intake manifold has longer runners and the RN intake has shorter runners. Shorter runners are generally optimized for higher rpm flow. Runner diameter and plenum design factor into the results, but the general consensus is the RN intake manifold is better at high rpm than the N manifold. I can’t remember anyone who has actually tested the two stock manifolds head to head, but the theory says that RN intake manifold is better for HP and the N should generate low-RPM torque more effectively.

Matt (simplyvolvo) did a significant amount of porting on his N head. During that process, he had some flow bench testing done and stock for stock, the RN head flows a bit more than the N head. Matt’s opinion is that the N head can be ported to achieve more flow than a similarly ported RN head. 

• Upvote 2