How Your Car Sits

beasters

22 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

Did some things recently:

Got a bunch of parts at a local shop for paint (including my rear spoiler for you haters) and got a carbon fiber rear spoiler so that I can now find carbon fiber mirror covers and front lip!

You're welcome for ragging on you constantly.

• Upvote 1

Pulled it out of the garage to load the mazda up with camping stuff for the weekend.  
So it sat in a parking spot for a couple hours while I loaded the mazda up and tossed the roof basket on with lights and side canopy. 

43X6Omh.jpg

*Let's be real, I wish those were my oil marks, because that means id be driving it instead of it sitting in the garage for months at a time. lmao. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2022 at 9:18 AM, gmsgltr said:

Did some things recently:

JRZ suspension - Took the R manifold off and put on a ported Japanifold - took the 20t off and cleaned up some shitty threads - Got rid of the BOV and cold side pipin did Forge Wastegate and Forge CBV - Replaced everything possible in rear suspension (not fun lol) - 17" pegs powdercoated with 215 45 continental extreme contact sports 5mm spacer in front 20mm in rear - had a real alignment from a local shop that actually tracks cars instead of a 'tuner shop' lol - had a custom center midship brace made to clear a full 3" dual exhaust that is purchased/designed just not welded yet. 

I am VERY happy with how the suspension sits/rides/quality. I think new, sticky tires with more sidewall helps too. I miss the eye pop of 18's and now think I will get 18" pegs to have too.

Got a bunch of parts at a local shop for paint (including my rear spoiler for you haters) and got a carbon fiber rear spoiler so that I can now find carbon fiber mirror covers and front lip!

coming up on 112k! Drove it 300 miles in a year - going to change that as this is my only car for now!

How is the JRZ riding for you?

Very nice - I haven't tested the limits yet but will soon. I wanted a couple hundred miles on the set up and new tires first... I replaced so many things at once that its hard to honestly say the 'feeling' is all the JRZ. Gonna check things over again someday soon and then start to push it! 

• 3 weeks later...

299DB002-779E-41B4-A333-FBA8DD0B4D4C.jpeg.565588a5dc1e230eb08eb25f5e28ecb6.jpeg

After 12,5 years of ownership it was time to let her go.

Bought something completely opposite. Didn’t want a 6 cilinder, dark exterior and tan interior…guess what I ended up with😄

AEF79908-3042-4C3B-B68D-6CC3BC0FB4FF.jpeg.a91da3b7f8ba754d9bff980ce3ea7d3d.jpeg

T6 AWD ticking a lot of boxes. Missing the T5 grunt but overall it’s a nice substitute.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Ol' Dirty Noodle said:

@Emiel dude I loved your s60😢

I know😄

The guy who bought it loves it more than I did the last years. It became a challenge to keep it in the condition it was in. So, got a good offer and now we own a T6.

Might be the last decent car we own, with all the electric car BS going on in Europe.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Emiel said:

Might be the last decent car we own, with all the electric car BS going on in Europe.

I heard about the new noise rules.