• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sas (Air Pump) Delete....write-Up With Pics

377 posts in this topic

Posted

Awesome job,i've been watching this topic for a while now knowing my air pump is bad and not wanting to waste money fixing it.Off to get a diode,THANKS.

Posted

Good stuff

Nice work and write up

Posted

More kudos - thanks!!

Posted

Has anybody checked the status of secondary air system readiness with a code scanner after doing this mod?

Posted (edited)

removed

Edited by binglax09

Posted

Has anybody checked the status of secondary air system readiness with a code scanner after doing this mod?

That is a great question.

Posted (edited)

REMOVED POST: I read the latest on the TDR topic...

I was just about to install a low-pass filter on the solenoid PWM wiring to activate the diode but this works a lot better haha :lol:

good work Volvo5.0

I will edit my last how-to to point to this topic. and P.S. I wasnt trying to get credit for your work when I said I would do a write up. I was just trying to help...

Update: Switched the diode over, so far it works. System runs on first start and no direct codes. Now I have to find a exhaust cap.

Edited by binglax09

Posted

I believe the OP ran the air pump test with a Volvo System Tester (VST) several times while testing the diode install on both cars without any problems.

Posted

After about an hour or two of driving I scanned the vehicle. Came up with a pending P0455 code which is normal (it was on before) but no SAS pending and that is what I would have received ever time with the P0455 code. I will post back when the monitor status goes to ready....

Posted

Very Nice!

So, just to clarify the delay relay you were trying is not needed in this version?

Posted

No delay relay needed for this. I already bought one and this came up!! Errr

Posted

+1 for a working mod! I just scanned the system and the SAS monitor has passed. Thus it went through it's testing and set a status Ready! haha glad to see that system go green...

I soldered it into the ECU due to it being easier to access then under the tray.

Posted

is this a fix for 0411 code?

Posted

This should take care of it. I would test the air pump, vacuum solenoid and check the valve on the exhaust. Although by the time you get that all done you could have just done the diode mod.