BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

the house is 2400', but i've finished the basement to make it a liveable 3100'

my office is in basement also.

I have trane xr11 so your is huge.  I also bought it 10 years ago before they up the requirements 

Edited by theForgottenone

Couldn't find a pic the site would let me load.

bought a new TRANE XR16 AC unit.

That's the brand we had in KY. They're made in Louisville, KY IIRC. It worked out great for us. 7 years of use, never even the smallest issue. 

Warren,,old one was the 10 seer model.  No longer made 

smallest model now is xr13.

i offered cash and got the 16 for the 13 price 

At quick glance I thought that was a really expensive milk crate.

I just got tired of dealing with cheap cases, makes tinkering around as often as I do a pain in the ass. Figured I'd get something that's sturdy and modular. All the external panels just pop off for access and the frame underneath is bolted together rather than riveted like most cases, so it can be torn down or have individual pieces replaced as needed.

I also didn't pay retail.

You'd be hard pressed to get someone who has worked in technology for an extended period of time to recommend net gear products...

I mean, my boss doesn't seem to mind them either. He has worked a little in technology...

That might be like asking for wear-based tire selection advice from a guy who owns a dealership. Sure, they might have some insight. But the advice you want is the techs.

I picked up this gay little Saab yesterday for $4k, it's a 2008 9-3 with a 6 speed manual, 2.0 turbo and 140k miles. You can tell GM took over because it has the same pleather seats as my company Chevy truck and the same plastic/rubber interior. Gets decent mileage and has no torque steer, but that's probably related to it only having about 50 hp (kidding, it's 215hp, but the Volvo would eat it alive).

I almost threw in the towel on my Volvo, but I can't do it. After I got that Saab, last night I went out to my garage for a smoke and looked at the Volvo sitting there and thought, no way this is leaving. I think instead I'll sell my 2 Datsuns and keep my Volvo for a fun car. This will take the heat off doing mods, repairs, or anything else. I can also quit driving my Volvo in the winter, which will spare the body (which is still really clean). All in all, I think the Saab will be a decent DD, and I'll still have my Volvo for fun. Might need to find some different wheels for the Saab, the offset is all wrong.

upload_-1.jpg