BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

14 hours ago, quiksilver said:

32455789338_464951ecc5_b.jpg

Booty lift.

And other parts awaiting installation.

one more right decision about the rear end of the awd! will spray all glossy? 

7 hours ago, Andzey said:

one more right decision about the rear end of the awd! will spray all glossy? 

Of course, everything will be saffron.

Saffron is love, saffron is life.

• Upvote 4

Merry Christmas to me...

FCP%20Order_zpspvpxxgmy.jpg

Tasca%20Order_zpsm0djizqq.jpg

All these maintenance parts cost more than the whole engine I just bought....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/25/2018 at 5:41 PM, bmdubya1198 said:

Merry Christmas is right! I just did about 1/3 of that on my R.

:laugh: thanks.  I've done 90% of it to my car at least once at this point - guess that means I've been working on this project for a while :huh: 

I just ordered an adapter to run an aftermarket oil pressure sensor while keeping the stock dummy light - this an M14x1.5 extension with an 1/8" NPT port.  It's made by a company in Australia, and I did order a few extras if anyone is interested.

af810-m14-02blk.jpg

I also bought a bung to add a WBO2 sensor to my downpipe

• Upvote 2

Just ordered the last of the coolant hoses that I haven't replaced yet on the R. I also need to order a radiator... maybe tomorrow. Freaking eEuro wanted to charge me over $20 for shipping just for the radiator, and another $11 for the other stuff I was getting since it was coming from another warehouse. You'd think they would give me free shipping if I'm spending nearly $200!

I'll be ordering the radiator from FCP! $3 more, but free shipping and still a lifetime warranty!

Edited by bmdubya1198

21 hours ago, andyb5 said:

:laugh: thanks.  I've done 90% of it to my car at least once at this point - guess that means I've been working on this project for a while :huh: 

I just ordered an adapter to run an aftermarket oil pressure sensor while keeping the stock dummy light - this an M14x1.5 extension with an 1/8" NPT port.  It's made by a company in Australia, and I did order a few extras if anyone is interested.

I also bought a bung to add a WBO2 sensor to my downpipe

Sweet! I ended up getting one made by Vibrant but it took a while. It kept getting pushed back by Summit Racing, so I ended up cancelling when my father helped me find a local company that was able to confirm that they could get it... and then that still took another week, even though Vibrant is located about half hour away from me. :laugh:

Just a friendly reminder... don't forget thread sealer of some kind for all the treads, including the ones for the plugs you don't use! Ask me know I know. :dry:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RBoy8 said:

Sweet! I ended up getting one made by Vibrant but it took a while. It kept getting pushed back by Summit Racing, so I ended up cancelling when my father helped me find a local company that was able to confirm that they could get it... and then that still took another week, even though Vibrant is located about half hour away from me. :laugh:

Just a friendly reminder... don't forget thread sealer of some kind for all the treads, including the ones for the plugs you don't use! Ask me know I know. :dry:

:monkey:  I forgot to check Vibrant. Thanks Mikey. That’s good to know. 

Anyways, it turns out they have those same adapters too. Well, somehow, the Aussie version ended up costing less shipped to me than Vibrant’s is listed for :huh:  I know Vibrant makes nice stuff so it’s probably better quality than what I got. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, andyb5 said:

:monkey:  I forgot to check Vibrant. Thanks Mikey. That’s good to know. 

Anyways, it turns out they have those same adapters too. Well, somehow, the Aussie version ended up costing less shipped to me than Vibrant’s is listed for :huh:  I know Vibrant makes nice stuff so it’s probably better quality than what I got. 

No worries Andy! I actually had no idea where to look and was originally prepared to try and fab up something until Ben shot me a message about it. haha :laugh:

Oddly enough, quality felt only OK. Everything felt a little soft so I had to be careful to not strip anything. Does the job though! It's a bit of a pain to install but man, it's so worth it. :smile:

22 hours ago, ruecatinat said:

Out of the Volvo game for a while longer...

2018 Golf R, 6spd manual with Driver Assist

IMG_7331_zps3evdeuhg.jpg

🤔4D5F78AD-C016-4A74-9058-22460C847339.jpeg.2f9cfd6acbbfa6e63ed3bc055f574afd.jpeg

• Upvote 2