BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Whens this possible meet?

Last I heard, November sometime.

Any meets or random mini-meets will usually be discussed over here.

Yea, still thinking November for the meet. All depends on bookings for the property, but right now we are wide open then.

image_11913.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on the thread.

Bummer, prob wont be able to make it. Im having a baby...guess thats a good thing :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks, we have been keeping it very low key until we found out the sex of it. Very busy year with the new house and new kid. Next year's tax refund should be nice. I am just glad the kid will be born in the Fall/Winter and in an even number year, 2008, 2010, 2012, etc.

fall babies are good, they dont have to be exposed to the summer heat. only thing is mommy has to endure the summer, that sucks. congrats!

Congrats, but I would have thought you would aim for July 7, 2017.

Ha, that would put my wife over 30 and we wanted to have one before she hit 30.

Congrats Davit!!

Thanks Adam

fall babies are good, they dont have to be exposed to the summer heat. only thing is mommy has to endure the summer, that sucks. congrats!

Yeah, she is OK right now. Sept, Oct and Nov will be cooler which will be good for her.

Dave have to get ready for a year of hell. I just went through it. It still not completely over.

I dont think it should be TOO hard on me. It will be hard but my wife is working part time and she is a pediatric nurse so she is good with babies to the maxx

Dave have to get ready for a year of hell. I just went through it. It still not completely over.

Just a year? My kids are 5 and 7 and I am still waiting for it to get easier. Everyday is a new challenge with kids.

I dont think it should be TOO hard on me. It will be hard but my wife is working part time and she is a pediatric nurse so she is good with babies to the maxx

Spoken like a rookie. ;) Trust me no matter how experienced you both are before this happens it's an entirely different ball game when the baby comes home, you're caring for him 24/7, weeks of sleep deprivation begin to impact you, and suddenly you're just living one nap to the next.

Well worth it, but it never gets easier. And I've been through this 5 times now. :blink::lol:

• Upvote 2

I don't get that mentality of "I want to have a kid before X age" is it more of a southern thing?

I don't get that mentality of "I want to have a kid before X age" is it more of a southern thing?

I dont think so. I think it has to do with the health of the woman and the health of the man. Plus I dont want a kid to be 20 years old when I am 60 or 70. Yuck
  • Upvote 1

I dont think so. I think it has to do with the health of the woman and the health of the man. Plus I dont want a kid to be 20 years old when I am 60 or 70. Yuck

Agreed. I will only be 45 when my daughter is 20.

thank you. i feel the same way.

my gf's parents are just too old.

you risk a lot having kids closer to the age of 40, and you are just way too out of it when you are 60 trying to raise an 18 year old

Lol out of it at 60? Maybe if you've lived a life of meth and jack daniels.

• Upvote 1

they are wayyyyy old school and cant handle this kid lol

LOL at the comments from fathers. Yeah it can suck, no doubt but I don't think any of us would trade it for the world. :lol:

Have fun Dave and please, promise me you won't put all this pressure on you and your wife to have the perfect child that follows the perfect schedule, eating the perfect food, living in a perfectly sheltered world. 99% of the fun in parenting is the sheer madness that comes with it. Mellow parents have mellow kids.