Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

baller.

This. I want to get some 19's, but I'm more scared for tire prices than bending a wheel... I just want to tuck some 19's.

• Upvote 1

2x Thule Criterium bike racks

They arrived yesterday. I bought them from Boston Volvo Village. I think this is a great price : $70/each (+reasonable shipping). They show a Volvo MSRP of $129 Volvo-suggested, but I'm pretty sure the identical non-Volvo branded ones sold straight from Thule vendors at $170 MSRP. And these come pre-fit with locks!

Very nice upgrade from my very old models, which were becoming a PITA to use. This new design looks very quick/easy.

criterium-vi.jpg

Link to purchase http://www.bostonvolvoparts.com/bike-racks/volvo-thule-criterium-upright-bike-rack.html

Do you think this would work on my C70 bars? I dont know what the spacing needs to be between crossbars. Please let me know your thoughts.

Very happy with that set up

Nice to take bike down and wheel us ready for action and not gave to monkey with centering

I was getting sick of using pennies and a 1/2 inch breaker bar. This looks far less ghetto and was 10 bucks cheaper than ipd and fcp.

I got one made for $6... works better than the IPD one... Because it a copy... It has sony guts..

• Upvote 1

LMAO... I was hoping someone would pick up on that...

Do you think this would work on my C70 bars? I dont know what the spacing needs to be between crossbars. Please let me know your thoughts.
The rear mount plate is adjustable. It slides along the rail. Simply based on that, I'd assume it would fit. I haven't mounted it to my bars yet (will in the spring), but rough estimate on the mount points is between 40inches and 18inches. The way I measured would be from the front face of the front bar to the front face of the rear bar. If you still aren't convinced, I'd be happy to assemble it (the brackets come in a bag) and test fit it to the car. Just say the word.
i never liked those trays, fork mount is the only way to go
Fork mounts look better, and probably produce much less road noise. But as mike said, it's great to not have to mess with a thing.