BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

^^

Hey Dave, looks good, make sure the moisture level of the sub-floor is less than 4% difference of your new flooring. Has it been acclimating in the house?

They are removing the current hardwood tomorrow and looking at the % for moisture. It has not been acclimating to the house. The hardwood is engineered hardwood. I spoke with the manufacture "Mirage" and they stated that their specific engineered hardwood does not require acclimation. Also where it is at the installer's warehouse it is acclimated.

They are also gluing it down with Mapei Eco 980 which is a moisture-cured urethane adhesive on the concrete slab.

From the Mirage website "Using a concrete moisture meter, check for moisture. If moisture is detected, a calcium chloride test must be conducted. Concrete subfloor moisture content must not exceed 3 lb./1,000 sq. ft./24 hours. If the moisture level is greater than 3 lb., install a complete concrete waterproofing system [sealant and adhesive]."

also

Do I need to acclimate my floor before I install it?

The Classic Mirage floor should be kept indoors at the recommended temperature and humidity level for a minimum of 24 hours prior to installation. Engineered flooring does not need to be acclimated.

I spoke to their reps from Canada (French Canadian) and they confirmed the same thing.

Edited by 7 VII 7

when they check the Moisture %. see if its done with a calcium chloride test, or a wagner type system.

completely different type numbers. but if its a PROBE type. if its over 95% that glue might not cut it. if at the a surface test over 12lbs look for a different glue also.

I should also mention that they have a 3 year labor warranty which all other companies had 1 year.

As it is engineered (sorry i missed that), I wouldn't worry about it like conventional wood flooring because the properties are different. More than likely your slab is dry, too, but I would make sure it is checked by the installers. Otherwise, the engineered floors are very stable. Good call on the maple!

As it is engineered (sorry i missed that), I wouldn't worry about it like conventional wood flooring because the properties are different. More than likely your slab is dry, too, but I would make sure it is checked by the installers. Otherwise, the engineered floors are very stable. Good call on the maple!

Thanks, I will have some before and after pictures also. Expensive but Mirage has a lifetime warranty.

The in-law at my parent's house has engineered maple. Nice floor, but you have to lay it down right so that it feels solid. I've been looking at some houses and what I thought was solid hardwood, was actually engineered. If done right, no one will ever know the difference and it'll have the same solid feel.

Looks like they also redesigned the endlinks

Looks like they did it to give them more adjustable range.

Just need to make it fit

883157_514792023736_1911326930_o.jpg

:lol: im gonna assume thats the same lip on mine, and im impressed its such a great fit on yours!

• Upvote 1

:lol: im gonna assume thats the same lip on mine, and im impressed its such a great fit on yours!

Which lip do You have?

:ph34r:

Side shot

883797_514792028726_589562816_o.jpg

After looking at the pics in the "How Your car sits" it looks like the same one.

s204 lip

the same lip you have sitting there by the looks of it.

http://clearascent.com/2013orlandovolvogtg/content/IMG_0012_large.html

http://imgur.com/a/uSit4

Anyways, no pic because my phone was dead :(

but, got the wifes C inspected and a list of everything it needs repaired. B)

few small things like a couple o rings, a new cam seal wouldnt hurt, and motor mounts.

probably get the shop to put the motor mounts on so I dont have to deal with it :lol: but everything else looking at 20-30 in parts and a couple hours.

*SNIP*

Love it, very stylish.

If only such a thing existed for wagons, I'd put one on the R.

• Upvote 1

8619686899_1965c7497d.jpg

bearing protection for autocross & track days..