Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

I bought a motherfucking ambulance. I know, I know, no pics no proof. I'm at work, but I'll throw up some pics when I get home. It's gutted of all the fun ambulance stuff though. :(

IMAG0431_zps04877be3.jpg

OBX Downpipe

I guess I'll be the first to call your bluff.

Another dildo, isn't it ?

• Upvote 2

I bought a motherfucking ambulance. I know, I know, no pics no proof. I'm at work, but I'll throw up some pics when I get home. It's gutted of all the fun ambulance stuff though. :(

So you bought a van?

So you bought a van?

Yea... 1989 E-350, with the 7.3L diesel V8. It was the ambulance package though, so it has a bunch of tool boxes on the outside, plus the huge alternator so I can run all sorts of electronics in the box part. Has a huge hitch, a side door and a window.

Best part? About 5,700 original miles. The transmission shifts better than either of my volvos!

using it for work or toy hauler?

Toy hauler! Setting it up for motocross.... I'm actually throwing in two V70 front seats, so we have four captains chairs in it. Bunch of cabinets and tie-down spots, and hopefully I'll have enough room for 4 motocross bikes. Both my girlfriend and I ride, and my buddy rides as well. We always go in his truck and it's always super cramped and takes forever to load up in the mornings. This way, it will only take 5 minutes to load up and we'll have all the tools/spare parts that we're going to need.

I thought you might be using it for that, I knew a few guys who put in the front wheel holders and used their contractor vans for the same thing

I thought you might be using it for that, I knew a few guys who put in the front wheel holders and used their contractor vans for the same thing

Yea man. $4,000 ain't bad for a truck like this. My dad (who has had these engines and F350s for 30+ years) came and checked it out, and said that he hasn't seen one in as good a shape since the 90s. He also said that the undercarriage/rust was better than his 2003 LOL.

Yea... 1989 E-350, with the 7.3L diesel V8. It was the ambulance package though, so it has a bunch of tool boxes on the outside, plus the huge alternator so I can run all sorts of electronics in the box part. Has a huge hitch, a side door and a window.

Best part? About 5,700 original miles. The transmission shifts better than either of my volvos!

that International is a decent engine but it is the worst smelling diesel in the world.

Haven't been Very active on here lately, picked this up from the original owner, who was in the family of a the long Defunct local Volvo Dealer Ertley Volvo(now Ertley Kia) it's a 89 245 with 53k garage kept and all maintaince records from day one.

At the dealer

image_zpsb9066c96.jpg

Current

image_zps5e1af6b5.jpg

• Upvote 2

1085041_710909679640_1813512374_o.jpg

Sorry for the largeness haha... but yea got some of these bitches. They are headed to Lucky to be cleaned & rebuilt and then into my car............ with some other things haha. Woop woop to my 16T's on Greens haha

16t on greens? dumb.

I have a 19t, RN engine and I am still on whites. Even though I do have greens waiting on a tune to go in. But greens are too much for a 16t.

• Upvote 3

16t on greens? dumb.

I have a 19t, RN engine and I am still on whites. Even though I do have greens waiting on a tune to go in. But greens are too much for a 16t.

They will be dialed back for now. At the price I got them I figured pick em up. My philosophy of upgrades is to more or less have everything necessary to just slap on a bigger turbo, get a re-tune & be on my way without a care in the world. Short of WMI I'm not sure I can do much else without really getting into things. I am curious to see how far I am taking / have taken the 16T. As good as the car runs, I plan on it staying that way for a year or two performance wise. Financially I need to spend my money elsewhere. Volvo wise I need to get a rear sway & some larger brakes before I even contemplate upgrading the turbo. So on that bombshell... haha

Then just keep the greens in the closet till you are ready. Its just gonna be annoying trying to control them from running too rich on a 16t. How are you going to 'dial them back' without a tune? getting a smaller FPR? Either way its money (with a tune) or the same amount of time (and less money) doing a FPR swap. So just swap the injectors when you do the turbo, it takes 10 min.

• Upvote 3

Then just keep the greens in the closet till you are ready. Its just gonna be annoying trying to control them from running too rich on a 16t. How are you going to 'dial them back' without a tune? getting a smaller FPR? Either way its money (with a tune) or the same amount of time (and less money) doing a FPR swap. So just swap the injectors when you do the turbo, it takes 10 min.

I'm getting a tune. Sorry about that because I just left it at "with some other things" which included the tune. I have an appointment tomorrow with Lucky where we will be going over everything else that I plan on having done to the car. Obviously after that I will know 100% if they are going to go in or sit on a shelf until the day I decide for a larger turbo... I guess I should have gone into a bit more detail with my plans