Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

It sounds like your primary issue with FIOS was an extremely poor customer service experience. And one of the biggest disservice's the brand does is let third party people door-to-door sell their services.

I've actually had seveal issues. In my old appartment I was going to drop Comacst to Fios. Installer wanted to do a bunch of stuff I didn't want, run 1 new phone lines vs. tapping into the existing lines that was in 5 of the rooms. The way they were going to do it was so ghetto I told the guy if he's not going to tap into the existing line GTFO and stop wasting many more of my day. The called me back begging to send someone out to do it right, but I knew I was moving in a year so I didn't bother changing from Comcast.

Flash forward, bought a house and scheduled the exterior cable installers (contracters) to come out the day after we took possesion. They came a week early, while the original owner was still there... So we get the house the installers come as scheduled, they wanted to run a line from the utiltiy box all the way around my back of my house, cutting up my back yard, instead of going straight to the side of the house they need to drop the line cause they didn't want to cross my driveway. The guy said they didn't have the right equipment and threaten that I wouldn't have cable for weeks if he didn't do it now... I told him come back with the right gear. They came back the next day and ran the line the way I wanted, or so I thought till about a year later I find the cable is just sitting betwen two slabs of concrete in the joint of the driveway. Interior installer came and was super nice and helpfull, I complained to him about the exterior installer he applogized for there behavoir... After that I zero issue with them for 2 years, no outages, no problems what so ever... Like I said even got a free bump in speed for the internet.

When we signed up fro the triple play thing, the sales guy was at my towns Memorial day festival at a tent, I thought they were all Verison guys, but maybe they were contractors. Shortly after when I had billing problems it was when Verison workers were on strike. So they were using a bunch of scabs to do customer service, etc... On one of my many hours of being on hold, one guy told me he would put me on hold. 10min later after reviewing my mess of an account with all the notes by others, he picked up the line and faked a "hello? sir? Are you still there? I can't hear you? I'll transfer you to someone else I'm having issues with you phone".. I had been on hold for 30min, and was right back into the que...

Also the phone installer was super nice too. A quickie one phone hook up turned into a full afternoon with him trouble shooting wiring issue and rewireing every phone tap in the house to work with the new line. Didn't have to do that but it made me happy.

If we had never signed up for the phone I would have never had any of the billing issues. It has to do with the way the do your accounts, when we added a phone they had to make a whole new account for us vs adding just a phone to our existing account. It was a nightmare made worse by the scabs on the other end of the phone not caring to do there job and helping customers. I hope now that I'd have better results.

Generic pic:

LicenseUpdate.jpg

Renewed my racing license for road cycling.

• Upvote 3

Racing license for biking? :huh:

What exactly does that get you?

• Upvote 1

Racing license for biking? :huh:

What exactly does that get you?

into a race. Duh.

No genius, it does so much more. :rolleyes:

If you already know, then why ask?

Gets me in USA Cycling sanctioned events. Covers insurance and supposedly gives me the peace of mind that the race is somewhat decently put together since USA Cycling has strict guidelines when we put on races.

If you already know, then why ask?

Good question.

Internet + Someone else's Netflix + Pirate Bay is all I need. Screw old fashioned TV, I'll download and watch what I want when I want!

Except live sporting events but otherwise a great plan. I have a co-worker who was trying to figure out what to do with his family coming for Thanksgiving and no ability to watch NFL all day. He got DirecTV, I get $10 / mo for 10 months :)

Except live sporting events but otherwise a great plan.

that was my problem too. I don't mind downloading tv shows off pirate bay, but no football or hockey was a tough pill to swallow

its a mute point

Moot point.

Dually noted.

Got tired of My square 19's

Decided to buy some 24" widescreens for work.

TjgrOjsl.jpg

• Upvote 3

Got tired of My square 19's

Decided to buy some 24" widescreens for work.

Isn't it great? I need to do the same at home -- i wish the 30" monitors weren't a million fuckin dollars tho