Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Hmmm...there are like 3 black hoods in the pick and pulls here in Detroit. Why did you pay $400 for that when you could pay $100 (including gas both ways) to buy local?

Hmmm...there are like 3 black hoods in the pick and pulls here in Detroit. Why did you pay $400 for that when you could pay $100 (including gas both ways) to buy local?

I scoured all the yards here and found nothing. I did call yards in Detroit and no one had a hood (at least no one I called). I also checked car-part.com and didn't see anything. So, faced w/ paying $350 for a new Taiwan hood, then having to paint it this one seemed like a good deal. I wasn't about to cruise 2 hours each way to Detroit to scour all the yards that don't list on car-part w/ hopes of finding a black hood.

850T200.jpg?1298571183

1009698.jpg04272or1367783__28844.1325221775.120.120

Ditto those for my R, plus these.

fullsize_17085.jpg

In order to do the 302mm upgrade when I service my brakes next week, and these;

fullsize_9078.jpg

In order to fit these.

1378789_10153358478020290_707843341_n.jp

And in the last couple of weeks I have really spoilt myself and have upgraded my camera kit, by buying these;

1452018_10153539483555290_1374910418_n.j

There's admittedly a certain irony in posting an unfocused photograph of professional quality camera kit... :huh:

Edited by Vard66

I scoured all the yards here and found nothing. I did call yards in Detroit and no one had a hood (at least no one I called). I also checked car-part.com and didn't see anything. So, faced w/ paying $350 for a new Taiwan hood, then having to paint it this one seemed like a good deal. I wasn't about to cruise 2 hours each way to Detroit to scour all the yards that don't list on car-part w/ hopes of finding a black hood.

That sucks man... You should post in the wanted section next time. There might be people who can help you out....

I give up on finding a scoop or whatever to fix this thing. Its like a hot girl w/ meth teeth.

IMG_20130925_133518_825.jpg

Whats the story on this hood?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Whats the story on this hood?

I wish I knew. My best guess is they tried to put a Subie style scoop on and it looked dumb, but this doesn't exactly look good so who knows.

I bought the car from a Ukrainian who didn't know the history. I should've passed on it for sure, but $2800 for an R that ran and drove great seemed like a decent deal. 6 months and a new power steering rack (that didn't leak when I bought the car), a new transmission (that shifted great when I bought the car), and a laundry list of other crap later... I probably rescued this turd from a salvage yard.

• Upvote 1

one here too

I really did look, I've wanted this since I got this turd. Since then, every salvage yard I went to I was searching for a black hood. But here I am, 6 months later and still driving around w/ a piece of plastic stuck to my hood and constantly answering the question, "What's w/ the piece of plastic on the hood?", I figured it was time to give up.

No skin off my back. Next time use the Wanted forum though, you may surprise yourself (and your bank account!) ;)

• Upvote 1

No skin off my back. Next time use the Wanted forum though, you may surprise yourself (and your bank account!) ;)

Yea, that's what that really smart and handsome dude said earlier....

• Upvote 2

that rig looks great, couple more XC oriented bits and it could be a real contender for all mtn/enduro bike. Whats the rear travel?

Rear travel currently is set to 160mm I still need to pick out a rear rim and figure out my brake situation, not sure if I'm going to go with Hayes Strokers or maybe something Shimano but I have options to get both at a rather good price (free) to get this going.

If you want burly Ryno Lites are always a good option for rims, they are heavy and a pain in the ass to change tubes but damn are they beefy. If I were to do an excursion type of ride I would run those simply for their reliability

If you want burly Ryno Lites are always a good option for rims, they are heavy and a pain in the ass to change tubes but damn are they beefy. If I were to do an excursion type of ride I would run those simply for their reliability

Great affordable rim.

I always recommend them too