Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

I've been debating getting a hand gun for my house.

I've been debating getting a hand gun for my house.

Without being on either side of the debate, all research points that owning a gun and having it in your home dramatically increases the possibility you or someone else you know will get shot in your home.

I got sick and tired of my hazed oxidized headlights, so ...

_57_zps3bcd3bb1.jpg

• Upvote 2

Without being on either side of the debate, all research points that owning a gun and having it in your home dramatically increases the possibility you or someone else will get shot in your home.

facts for sure.

I would get one of those finger print safes. And I don't have children.

Without being on either side of the debate, all research points that owning a gun and having it in your home dramatically increases the possibility you or someone else you know will get shot in your home.

All "research" done by anti-gun activists and portrayed in a way that's misleading. It's basically the equivalent of saying your chance of getting in a car accident is dramatically increased by having a car vs not driving. It doesn't mean that driving a car is a bad idea, it just means that people who don't drive cars never wreck the cars they don't have. Could also say people outside are a million times more likely to get struck by lightning than people inside... or that people swimming are a jillion times more likely to get eaten by a shark than those on dry land... these "statistics" don't really mean anything at all and that particular anti-gun one is just designed to make uninformed people have an irrational fear of an inanimate object.

Actually, they've done research in the UK that specifically demonstrates these very trends that Erik mentions. I'll have to dig up the data. But it's not a partisan effort. And Mike will tell you, I'm not pro or anti gun. I'm more pro understanding what the data really tells you.

I would get one of those finger print safes. And I don't have children.

if they make you open the safe to get money, they'll get the gun.

I didn't want to derail this thread, maybe we move this conversation into the other gun debate thread?

• Upvote 1

if they make you open the safe to get money, they'll get the gun.

If only burglars were that organized in the hood. They're too cracked out.

interesting, you member status thingy only says ad-free, never seen that before.