Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Can you please text me back? I'm in an emergency up here and it seems you can find parts rather quickly on your computer at work. I just need to know if you can get me replacements but I can't afford to sit around here and wait for an answer from you.

I know you might have a hard time with this Timmy but maybe he's just not that into you...

• Upvote 1

I almost had a deal for that guy's m56h and gripper, but then he said he was going to sell them along with the car to someone. Congrats, it's a cool car, and some nice parts.

I'm suprised nobody snatched it up before me. It was a bit of a logistical challenge but it all worked out and he delivered the car himself on Saturday. I'm only keeping the KWs and IPD sways, the rest is up for sale and the car will be scrapped. I got a lot torn off it yesterday and hop to have it stripped by weeks end or as time allows.

I don't think he knew where to "market" it. The shipping issue was also going to be a challenge.

ARD 11 blade compressor wheel.

UoG2FTl.jpg

Oh man those are junk. I heard of this one guy that put it in backwards and it ruined his whole turbo. I wouldn't buy one of those because of that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What's your collection of hardware look like these days?

14-24 f2.8

24-70 f2.8

28 f2.8

50 f1.4

85 f1.4

70-200 f2.8 VRii

105 f2.8 vr

200 f2 vr

300 f4

next on my list is the Schneider 50mm Super Angulon, and then 1.5X and 2X teleconverters for the 200F2.

Can you please text me back? I'm in an emergency up here and it seems you can find parts rather quickly on your computer at work. I just need to know if you can get me replacements but I can't afford to sit around here and wait for an answer from you.

I texted you back...

Messaging me on here during work hours does not good as im usually posting and then running out the door.

Tomorrow should be fun though, left early around 11am to pick the wife up from the airport.

I'll have to check for part numbers and such when I get in.

Oh man those are junk. I heard of this one guy that put it in backwards and it ruined his whole turbo. I wouldn't buy one of those because of that.

It must've been the tune that caused the failure.

• Upvote 2

I texted you back...

Messaging me on here during work hours does not good as im usually posting and then running out the door.

Tomorrow should be fun though, left early around 11am to pick the wife up from the airport.

I'll have to check for part numbers and such when I get in.

Really? Because I haven't heard from you all day. I'm not trying to be a dick but if you're really trying to solicit services to the community, at least message a brother back to let them know that you'll work on it. You know I'm in a shitty situation waiting for a solution and it would be nice to know if I can count on you hooking me up in any kind of a timely manner or just look elsewhere.

5A880E0C-E54C-4C40-9803-E40CA32F9B74_zps

• Downvote 1

^ There you go.

No offense Tim, but I did say in that thread I am not a sales guy. I am all for helping people out but im not attached to a computer 24/7 where I can look up things at work.

I left early today, and I was at my desk for all of maybe an hour between 7 and 8am, and left at 11am.

I looked for wheels local to you like I said I would yesterday and did not find any, the only real European yards are, Orlando, Maryland, and Atlanta, outside of those it is an absolute crab-shoot to finding European wheels, let alone Volvo wheels. If you want something other then 18's I could likely find you something, hell even a spare, but youd likely get screwed on the price being it would be from a different yard, and the closest one is buffalo to you, which I forget but I think you said is over an hour away from you.

I got home around 4 at that, and then had to run to the wifes college to figure out why they deleted her classes and get her re-registered again so she could attend this semester.

Got home about an hour ago, and then started fucking with my car.

Edit.

To find anything but spares I literally have to find a car that has been in a yard less then 30 days (avg dismantle time), and send an email to that yards inventory to see if they are willing to sell or separate a wheel.

New wheels are basically just purchased through a separate company we own that works with the dealerships or manufacturers of the wheels. For anyone whos not an employee, let alone a manager the price is not very competitive in my opinion.

Reconditioned wheels are sent to another company we own that does nothing but reconditioning, id have to have it in stock on my shelf at work in order to cut a deep discount on the wheel, I do not have any Caps sitting on my shelf, I do have other Volvo wheels but I do not believe they are 18s.
I never inquired further then just seeing we had some Capella's in the system somewhere in the southeast region, when you told me how much, which basically stops at tenn and does not include texas.

• Upvote 1