Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

BlackT5

Its a CVT. Limited model w/ leather and a moon roof.

I love the orange. Car rides and drives great. I love it way more than the Silverado i was driving.

and it should totally handle the winters better than that Prius John!

We have a '14 Forester N/A and I love it for daily driving with the girl and kid. Very spacious, comfortable, quiet, and safe. Its not quick by any means, if you try to floor it to pass someone it just sounds like you are squeezing 100 little Japanese kids, and doesn't go any faster. But thats not why we bought it. Its not suppose to go fast.

• Upvote 3

I prefer the older Subaru 4sp to the CVT. My '11 Foz XT has 4sp, everyone I know that test drove the CVT didn't like them. My dad hated the Outback H4 w/CVT, to buzzy when he test drove '14 models.

Also keep an eye on your oil comsumption, the new FB engines have a reputation for buring oil. Not as stout as the older EJ motors. They switched to the new motor for better MPG, but they get only 2 MPG better than the older motors, that's why the added CVT to all of them eventually.

I'll be add a DP and Stage 2 to mine as the next upgrade. I really love the Foz, great AWD for snow and so easy to upgrade. I just look for hand-me-downs from the STI and WRX guys. STI quad exhaust $50 w/500m on it was the cheapest upgrade EVER!

Where is the best/most affordable place to get struts/suspension components? looking to replace the front/rear end on the 850. Not looking to do performance upgrades, really only interested in ride smoothness. Monroe? Sachs? SenSen? anyone have any good lines on anything like that?

I prefer the older Subaru 4sp to the CVT. My '11 Foz XT has 4sp, everyone I know that test drove the CVT didn't like them. My dad hated the Outback H4 w/CVT, to buzzy when he test drove '14 models.

Also keep an eye on your oil comsumption, the new FB engines have a reputation for buring oil. Not as stout as the older EJ motors. They switched to the new motor for better MPG, but they get only 2 MPG better than the older motors, that's why the added CVT to all of them eventually.

I'll be add a DP and Stage 2 to mine as the next upgrade. I really love the Foz, great AWD for snow and so easy to upgrade. I just look for hand-me-downs from the STI and WRX guys. STI quad exhaust $50 w/500m on it was the cheapest upgrade EVER!

Oil rings were changed mid year '13 I believe. He should be good but yes keep an eye on the oil.

My buddy had Subaru do an oil consumption test and they left the cap off at the beginning of the test. Then he let the same dealership rebuild the motor with new rings. :arob:

I know all about the rep for burning oil. I do not seem to have a problem. I was pretty good about breaking in the engine. We have just under 10k on it now. Did an oil change at 6500, and didn't notice any drop in oil level.

It seems some did, some didn't.

I feel as if we had this convo before...

Oil rings were changed mid year '13 I believe. He should be good but yes keep an eye on the oil.

My buddy had Subaru do an oil consumption test and they left the cap off at the beginning of the test. Then he let the same dealership rebuild the motor with new rings. :arob:

Didn't know that they "fixed" it. My friend with a highly modded WRB Hawkeye STI also has a '12 NA Foz for his wife and they have oil consumption. He lost a lot of oil on a drive from NJ to DC, (300miles) IIRC it was a quart! :blink:

I'm not a fan of the FB/FA engines, it seems that they were mainly designed for MPG. Considering that the new STI will hang on to the EJ motors meant that the FA (2.0L turbo) is not a HP motor like the EJ. I'm glad they are still developing them, so I can get more "hand-me-downs in the future.... ;)

And for the FB/FA you have to run the zero weight oil in the for some of those MPG. Also not a fan of the new oil filter location either. I perfer the older location under the car. Yes, the new location is easier to get to but you can't upgrade the filter to a larger Honda filter like you can with the EJ. I'm running a V6 Honda filter (which I had from my wifes old Honda and the wrench too) and before I had to put 4.8qts, now I can pour in 5qts even, no more worries about overfilling mine and mine doesn't burn oil either... ;)

I feel as if we had this convo before...

We have? :unsure: