Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Make sure he also has some Xiaolongbao (soup dumplings) best place to get them is in the "old town" or Nanshi. Its kind of a tourist trap, but fun.

Awesome, just shot him a text. I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Make sure he also has some Xiaolongbao (soup dumplings) best place to get them is in the "old town" or Nanshi. Its kind of a tourist trap, but fun.

Wait, no stinky tofu love?

I had some at a truck stop on between Hangzhou and Shanghai once. We all thought it was the bathroom that smelled so bad. They were frying it outside and it smelled like sweaty socks and feet, but is quite tasty!

Plane ticket from Narita, Japan to Dulles on 12/22. Upgraded to Economy Plus for $109 because my sanity and back is worth it.

Home for Christmas. :tup:

• Upvote 3

Test prints before I get them printed out on good paper, I couldn't find what I wanted else-ware so I made them myself. Looks like I need to tweak the colors a little...

15456463267_c56f224144_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have been thinking about the S5 but after reading the specs of both, the Z3v seems much better. Its the same price with a contract as the S5 too.

It has twice the usage time at 1560 mins, a 20.7MP camera and is about the same size.

The S5 is only a 16MP camera and and the usage time is only 480 mins.

The wireless charging feature is major plus as well.

I would wait, the Z3 didn't rate very well compared to the S5; plus there are mixed reviews on the battery life of the Z3. This site says the Z3 has better standby time, but the S5 has a lot better usage time. My S5 battery is the best I've had so far, I use it a lot and still have generally about 40% at the end of the night. From what I've read, the Z3 is buggy too. As far as the camera goes, I would be interested to see if the Z3's is better; I know it's more megapixels but I don't see how it could take better action photos, the S5 camera is phenomenal. And wireless charging... who cares? So you have to plug it in.

I love my S5 as phones go, not trying to be a fanboy, just saying. I haven't met someone yet with a S5 that doesn't love it.

I can't stand the build quality of the S5...I've been looking at the lesser spec'd but better build Galaxy Alpha...but it seems the S6 might have the build quality and the performance when it comes out

• Upvote 2

I would wait, the Z3 didn't rate very well compared to the S5; plus there are mixed reviews on the battery life of the Z3. This site says the Z3 has better standby time, but the S5 has a lot better usage time. My S5 battery is the best I've had so far, I use it a lot and still have generally about 40% at the end of the night. From what I've read, the Z3 is buggy too. As far as the camera goes, I would be interested to see if the Z3's is better; I know it's more megapixels but I don't see how it could take better action photos, the S5 camera is phenomenal. And wireless charging... who cares? So you have to plug it in.

I love my S5 as phones go, not trying to be a fanboy, just saying. I haven't met someone yet with a S5 that doesn't love it.

When you put Sony up next to Samsung, Samsung is going to win 9/10 because Sony hasn't been known for their cell phones recently. And all of those individual specs on the phone may be true, but coming from Apple I look more at the big picture of overall user experience. Sure, it might not have as nice of a battery, and sure it might not take great action shots. But when you look at the phones side by side, I can't help but think the Samsung just looks like some cheap device a plastic injection molding machine pooped out.

All in all, I'm excited to see how I like it overall. And as for the wireless charging, it's more important for this phone because the gaskets on the micro-usb door are very tight, it makes it easier to charge instead of opening the flap (for waterproofing).

When you put Sony up next to Samsung, Samsung is going to win 9/10 because Sony hasn't been known for their cell phones recently. And all of those individual specs on the phone may be true, but coming from Apple I look more at the big picture of overall user experience. Sure, it might not have as nice of a battery, and sure it might not take great action shots. But when you look at the phones side by side, I can't help but think the Samsung just looks like some cheap device a plastic injection molding machine pooped out.

All in all, I'm excited to see how I like it overall. And as for the wireless charging, it's more important for this phone because the gaskets on the micro-usb door are very tight, it makes it easier to charge instead of opening the flap (for waterproofing).

I def agree that opening the flap to charge it is a nuisance, but I'm a bit lost on why you guys think the build quality of the S5 is cheap; I think it's one of the nicer looking phones out there. What about it don't you like?

Sony, for whatever reason, is trying to play it big in the hifi world right now. A couple speaker selections $20k + as well as high quality new format amps and sources plus a few misc things like a, surprisingly well performing, headphone amp. I'll be giving their new receivers a shot in hopes that they are like the ES of old.

The SS-AR1, I think it's $28k/pair. I heard these at Axpona a couple years ago, they sound amazing, one of my favorites at the show. After I listened I was shocked when I found out they were Sony speakers.

Sony-SS-AR1.jpg

You say that, yet put down my new phone ;)

I def agree that opening the flap to charge it is a nuisance, but I'm a bit lost on why you guys think the build quality of the S5 is cheap; I think it's one of the nicer looking phones out there. What about it don't you like?

Idk if I'd go so far as to say it's cheap, but from a company that's on the forefront of smartphones these days I guess I just expected a bit more hardware design innovation than what they've come up with.

I also forgot to mention that I am not a huge fan of their skinned Android.

You say that, yet put down my new phone ;)

Idk if I'd go so far as to say it's cheap, but from a company that's on the forefront of smartphones these days I guess I just expected a bit more hardware design innovation than what they've come up with.

I also forgot to mention that I am not a huge fan of their skinned Android.

Yeah, sorry about that. When I originally posted I didn't realize you already purchased it or I'd have used a bit more couth. I just looked up reviews for both phones and saw that the Sony was buggy, and also saw conflicting reviews about it's battery life. I've never seen the Sony in person, from pics it looks like a sharp phone.

I'm just messing with you, don't worry about it :) In all honesty, the Android market has so many options that there are bound to be differences between models. That's the biggest thing I've noticed in researching devices since I've been with iOS for so long. I don't know anything about it being buggy, but I will say that compared to playing with the other demo phones in the store, nothing was smoother than the Sony as far as the operating system. Like I said I do still really want to check out the Nexus 6 and Droid Turbo, but being on the Edge program I can just switch phones whenever if I really want to.