Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

BlackT5

is it just more or are used Acura's really cheap?

They had it listed for 11k after I talked my shit I walked out paying 6k.

I think they go for cheaper cause of the upcoming maintenance. Like this one is due for a timing belt in 10k-ish, but $240 for the kit with rollers and tentsioner and a couple hours is a lot better than a $1200 bill from the dealer.

Untitled by JVC8790, on Flickr

Made working on the car in my garage much better! $100 at Home Depot well spent!

I got one from menards on sale for $70 (it doesn't have the dial, which would be nice) but yesterday while it was 25 degrees outside I was working in the garage and it was 70 degrees.

I got one from menards on sale for $70 (it doesn't have the dial, which would be nice) but yesterday while it was 25 degrees outside I was working in the garage and it was 70 degrees.

Dang it. Now I want a garage heater. I doubt that's gonna happen until we get enough junk out of the garage to fit the wife's car in there too...

Made working on the car in my garage much better! $100 at Home Depot well spent!

Make sure you have a little ventilation in the garage and it would be wise to get a CO detector. Also it is not wise to have the tank indoors. I would get a long hose so the tank could sit outside.

• Upvote 4

Make sure you have a little ventilation in the garage and it would be wise to get a CO detector. Also it is not wise to have the tank indoors. I would get a long hose so the tank could sit outside.

Those are both really good ideas. Since I insulated the soffits I don't have any ventilation anymore. And it does say that it burns at a nearly 100% efficiency but I was starting to get headachey yesterday.

I ran it for about 20 minutes with the garage door open about 10" then turned it off and closed the door. Seemed fine, I'll snag a CO detector next time I'm at the store.

Most helpful post from Jon in a while. ;)

CO detectors are less than $15, they're cheap insurance.

and it didn't have anything to do with my Mercedes center caps (shh...don't tell him about the Audi Centercaps on my winter wheels)

• Upvote 1

My garage is part of a 4 car building, I have sealed up my side best I can for water/animal protection, but there is still air flow over the wall between my garage and the ones next door, and theirs has a 10" gap in the back allowing air flow. So I'm not too concerned about it, still going to pick one up. Better safe than sorry right?