Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

You have wheels picked out Cameron?

You have wheels picked out Cameron?

Several actually - but of course most aren't readily available in 5x108. Tarmacs are a possibility but they told me they won't have 5x108 back in again until spring. I have also been wanting some 3DSM 0.05 but no 5x108 option and they haven't responded to my email yet about either custom drilled or re-drilling a 5x112.

Also considered OEM Midirs, but those are ultimately kinda dull - the Pegs of the P1 sort of. I'd love a set of HRE's but $$$$$

There does happen to be a set of 18" Rotiforms at work though that will bolt right on...

I figured being an iPd guy you'd have some kind of machine shop connections, redrilling wheels isn't too difficult of a thing if you've got someone who knows their way around a machine shop.

Let me know if you don't have someone who can do it for you and I'll talk to one of my old co-workers who runs one of the manufacturing facilities in PDX.

Several actually - but of course most aren't readily available in 5x108. Tarmacs are a possibility but they told me they won't have 5x108 back in again until spring. I have also been wanting some 3DSM 0.05 but no 5x108 option and they haven't responded to my email yet about either custom drilled or re-drilling a 5x112.

Also considered OEM Midirs, but those are ultimately kinda dull - the Pegs of the P1 sort of. I'd love a set of HRE's but $$$$$

There does happen to be a set of 18" Rotiforms at work though that will bolt right on...

Everyone under the sun is running 3DSM's... I'll PM you about the 1552 wheels, I know the owners.

I figured being an iPd guy you'd have some kind of machine shop connections, redrilling wheels isn't too difficult of a thing if you've got someone who knows their way around a machine shop.

Let me know if you don't have someone who can do it for you and I'll talk to one of my old co-workers who runs one of the manufacturing facilities in PDX.

Oh, I'm sure I could utilize one of our machine shops to get it done if needed. Just would be nice if I could have it done straight from the manufacturer and skip the extra step. I'll hit you up for your co-workers contact info if needed. Thanks man!

Everyone under the sun is running 3DSM's... I'll PM you about the 1552 wheels, I know the owners.

True, lots of people running the 3SDM, but haven't seen any on a Volvo yet. Got your PM about 1552 - thanks dude!

Also, I'm all ears for cool wheel suggestions! Lemme hear some ideas!

Edited by iPd Cameron

Just throwing it out there, I still have the Odysseus for sale.

As for wanting something bolt on I definitely understand. Rotiforms and 3SDMs have indeed been beaten to death unless you have them make you something unique. 1552s would be awesome.

I think Taras might still have the SSRs for sale.

Oh, I'm sure I could utilize one of our machine shops to get it done if needed. Just would be nice if I could have it done straight from the manufacturer and skip the extra step. I'll hit you up for your co-workers contact info if needed. Thanks man!

True, lots of people running the 3SDM, but haven't seen any on a Volvo yet. Got your PM about 1552 - thanks dude!

I can think of a few good looking ford wheels (gasp!)

Focus ST wheels, SHO wheels, anything ferrari, mustang wheels...

maybe that's just my preference. i like seeing cross brand wheels

Just go by Jeremey's (exepat) house and look under his deck.

• Upvote 3

Lol good call

Where has he been lately?

He's been playing with Asian Ferraris. O_o

Just throwing it out there, I still have the Odysseus for sale.

As for wanting something bolt on I definitely understand. Rotiforms and 3SDMs have indeed been beaten to death unless you have them make you something unique. 1552s would be awesome.

I think Taras might still have the SSRs for sale.

I like the Odysseus for sure, but not sure how I feel about them on a P1. Fifteen52 Tarmacs are right at the top of the list for me right now. Yeah Rotiform and 3SDM are everywhere in the rest of the car world but not really in Volvo much at all. Really only a handful of Volvos I've seen with them.

You know what else I would love to run? Borbet Type A with the old school flat center caps. But where in the world am I going to find those in an offset that will work and in a 17 or 18" size? I've seen 17s floating around in 30-ish offset buy I'd want something more like 35-40mm offset for this car most likely.

I can think of a few good looking ford wheels (gasp!)

Focus ST wheels, SHO wheels, anything ferrari, mustang wheels...

maybe that's just my preference. i like seeing cross brand wheels

Eh, not really into the Focus ST wheels. Ferrari absolutely - tough to find the right thing though. A lot of them that come up used also tend to be really wide - too wide for me.

:lol:

I like the Odysseus for sure, but not sure how I feel about them on a P1. Fifteen52 Tarmacs are right at the top of the list for me right now. Yeah Rotiform and 3SDM are everywhere in the rest of the car world but not really in Volvo much at all. Really only a handful of Volvos I've seen with them.

You know what else I would love to run? Borbet Type A with the old school flat center caps. But where in the world am I going to find those in an offset that will work and in a 17 or 18" size? I've seen 17s floating around in 30-ish offset buy I'd want something more like 35-40mm offset for this car most likely.

Eh, not really into the Focus ST wheels. Ferrari absolutely - tough to find the right thing though. A lot of them that come up used also tend to be really wide - too wide for me.

:lol:

Cameron, I know where a set of 5x108 18" borbet types are with flat caps...... PM me if you want contacts.