BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

I haven't worn a watch in years. But I'm going iwatch for sure

Haven't decided if sporty or serious yet.

Easy fanboy.

IMO, nothing will top a nice mechanical movement.

I'll never get a smartwatch.

• Upvote 8

I haven't worn a watch in years. But I'm going iwatch for sure

Haven't decided if sporty or serious yet.

Except for replacing a fitbit or replacing body movement / conditions for athletes the smart watch is useless because it remains connected to your phone which is still in your pocket. Yes it slightly changes communication approaches but most of them remind me of cutesy interactions that would only appeal to 13 year old girls.

• Upvote 2

Technically my mom bought it, and is giving it to me, early wedding present. And since I've put more labor in that car myself than my other volvo's combined, i figured the best case would be keep it in the family.

Dave-o is rocking a 2013 Honda Fit as a commuter, and clearing space for the next project. He's mentioned a vette, he's mentioned a Z4, he's mentioned a boxster S, and he's mentioned going the Polestar route on a newer Volvo. Not sure what his next move is, but mine will be sourcing a low mile manual trans for a swap...

Hmm, I wouldn't happen to have a >complete swap available for you...

• Upvote 1

Except for replacing a fitbit or replacing body movement / conditions for athletes the smart watch is useless because it remains connected to your phone which is still in your pocket. Yes it slightly changes communication approaches but most of them remind me of cutesy interactions that would only appeal to 13 year old girls.

Speaking of that, pm sent

Hmm, I wouldn't happen to have a >complete swap available for you...

I'd be open to suggestions. Or at least a walk-thru of what kind of labor and parts are involved.

Edited by loseR99

I'd be open to suggestions. Or at least a walk-thru of what kind of labor and parts are involved.

About the same labor intensity wise as any of the other newer FWD volvos, guys are even swapping P2Rs these days... in short DO THAT SHIT

Easy fanboy.

IMO, nothing will top a nice mechanical movement.

I'll never get a smartwatch.

As Chuck used to say, batteries are for dildos, not watches.

• Upvote 3

As Chuck used to say, batteries are for dildos, not watches.

Precisely

Yep, I'm a fan of both Citizen Eco-Drive and traditional Swiss movement. All else is purely aesthetic.

Oh man do those make life a hell of a lot easier, and saves your back and toes. I have never owned one, but have used them many times back when I worked in construction. I can't tell you how many times a piece of dry wall has fallen onto my toes.