Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

11165170_1121396197885788_18855233829938

​NOPE.  I could never afford a 930 now.  

Yeah air cooled prices are retarded right now. Two years ago a 911 SC was 15k now the same car is 30k+. 

I wish there was some sort of 951 anniversary. And why did Magnus Walker have to buy a 931?! I want to sell my 951 dammit!

Yeah air cooled prices are retarded right now. Two years ago a 911 SC was 15k now the same car is 30k+. 

I wish there was some sort of 951 anniversary. And why did Magnus Walker have to buy a 931?! I want to sell my 951 dammit!

​Yeah, it's crazy right now.  I got a REALLY good deal on this car and I just couldn't pass it up.  Bad timing, but I was able to make it all work out.  Pick the car up this Saturday.

PilotSport A/S 3

eJlerjUl.jpg

Edited by TEEKAY
linked site rather than image.
  • Upvote 1

​Yeah, it's crazy right now.  I got a REALLY good deal on this car and I just couldn't pass it up.  Bad timing, but I was able to make it all work out.  Pick the car up this Saturday.

​Good chance you could make money on it.

My dad had a Weissach SC a while back. He got it for around 10k sold it for a couple k more than he got it for now they sell for like 50k. :lol:

I get a feeling the bubble is going to burst.  

My dad had a Weissach SC a while back. He got it for around 10k sold it for a couple k more than he got it for now they sell for like 50k. :lol:

​Like all the $10k S14s out there

​Like all the $10k S14s out there

​Yeah. Seriously it's probably cheaper to import a Silvia these days. Well an S13.

Sold prices plus say 3k. Yup you're better off importing. :lol:

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by fivex84

So 3.0 SC cars are kind of the red headed step child of the air cool 911 market, slightly better than the 2.7..  However #1 cars are now trading hands in the mid 40s. Number 2 cars in the high 30s low 40s and #3 cars in the high 20s to mid 30s. My car id say is a low grade 2 car maybe a 3 depending on who you talk to. It's clean, has a few panels re sprayed, momo steering, ssi headers, dual in and dual out m and k muffler, documented $20k rebuild on the engine, new clutch and flywheel, original Fuchs with brand new re11s, and a fairly clean interior. I paid well under $25k for the car and feel like I stole it at that price. Owner paid under $15k for his dad's rare optioned 964 so he wasn't concerned about making a ton of money on the car and it was a friend of a friend kind of deal too. At any rate I'm very excited. I've been looking for a long time. 

So 3.0 SC cars are kind of the red headed step child of the air cool 911 market, slightly better than the 2.7..  However #1 cars are now trading hands in the mid 40s. Number 2 cars in the high 30s low 40s and #3 cars in the high 20s to mid 30s. My car id say is a low grade 2 car maybe a 3 depending on who you talk to. It's clean, has a few panels re sprayed, momo steering, ssi headers, dual in and dual out m and k muffler, documented $20k rebuild on the engine, new clutch and flywheel, original Fuchs with brand new re11s, and a fairly clean interior. I paid well under $25k for the car and feel like I stole it at that price. Owner paid under $15k for his dad's rare optioned 964 so he wasn't concerned about making a ton of money on the car and it was a friend of a friend kind of deal too. At any rate I'm very excited. I've been looking for a long time. 

​That's a nice car Greg. I would happily own it..

Thanks Mike!  It took me a couple weeks to make mind up, I had my heart set on a 964. After talking to a few buddies that own Porsche shops, they all said I was stupid for not buying it and my fears were unwarranted.  Did some research and figured I could make it into something I really love. 

Edited by gdizzle

Thanks Mike!  It took me a couple weeks to make mind up, I had my heart set on a 964. After talking to a few buddies that own Porsche shops, they all said I was stupid for not buying it and my fears were unwarranted.  Did some research and figured I could make it into something I really love. 

For sure one of the all time top cars to own.. Right wheels, color combo, everything.. Great choice. 

Classic Air cooled is the way to go. I wouldn't want to deal with a 964 honestly.. I grew up with my good friends dad restoring old air cooled Porches and just kind of have a soft spot for them.. And the pedals go down into the floor instead of swinging forward, that's always cool too. You'll love it and it'll sound amazing.

For sure one of the all time top cars to own.. Right wheels, color combo, everything.. Great choice. 

Classic Air cooled is the way to go. I wouldn't want to deal with a 964 honestly.. I grew up with my good friends dad restoring old air cooled Porches and just kind of have a soft spot for them.. And the pedals go down into the floor instead of swinging forward, that's always cool too. You'll love it and it'll sound amazing.

Yeah man. It's got a great exhaust setup, sounds like a 3.0 rsr kinda. 

What engine does your 911 have? What are the plans for it? 

Its got the 3.0L. Plan is, ditch the wing, rebarrel my work Ewing iiis to 17" and redrill them 5x130, install my sparco evoiis, swap rando momo wheel for a proto tipo, install DAS roll bar, and then IROC bumpers. POSSIBLY gusset rear shock towers and do a DIY coilover conversion.  

image.jpg

• Upvote 3

​Peer pressure was a high factor in this purchase I assure you...

Something about tack strips to the nuts...

• Upvote 2