Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Your sentence structure made it look like you were calling him John, and asking who's MR2 it was, Timo.

• Upvote 2

LOL stahp it =______=;

Brush-Axe_product_listing.jpg

Gonna try out using a brush axe. I have a bunch of tall grass (like the decorative kind) that needs to be cut every winter. Otherwise it turns to strong hay, and makes a mess out of the yard and takes forever to break down. I've been trying to figure out the trick to do it efficiently. Best technique so far is a handheld electric chainsaw haha. But that still takes a while.

81ohGdA2K2L._SY355_.jpg

Finally bought an impact gun. It's 1/2inch but it's their mini model. Feels like half the weight of the usual 1/2in gun, like holding a regular drill gun. Very easy to handle and should be easier to get in tight spaces. 2.7lbs, claimed 100-550ft/lb working, 900ft/lb peak. It isn't very loud either. I knew it'd be on the weaker end since it's a mini. But my first test with lug nuts was a little bit of a let down. Two had rusted on a bit, and it wouldn't break them free. I didn't let it hammer for very long though (was in a hurry), and I'm running it on one of those cheap narrow plastic coil extension hoses. I'm hoping if I get a proper hose it'll do what I want.Reviews seem good, so I'm betting its the hose or couplers.

Brush-Axe_product_listing.jpg

Gonna try out using a brush axe. I have a bunch of tall grass (like the decorative kind) that needs to be cut every winter. Otherwise it turns to strong hay, and makes a mess out of the yard and takes forever to break down. I've been trying to figure out the trick to do it efficiently. Best technique so far is a handheld electric chainsaw haha. But that still takes a while.

I found a gas powered hedge trimmer does a great job.

163.jpg

Who's MR2, John? That's awesome man, let me know how the M does!

Yep Johns MR2 finally. It ran well no real issues. MAF came unplugged once and that was it. Bridgestone RE71R tires on it were nice. I don't care for the car though over all. Understeers and is unpredictable. But I will never really drive it so I won't get used to it either.

The M3 ran like a motherfucker. I finally have it dialed in.  It really likes VP110. No problem running with 2 2006 ZO6 Vettes..they couldn't lose me on the straights. I had half the Cleveland corvette club coming over scratching their heads. ( a new Z06 no way haha.) I ran a couple laps with a SCCA GT4 prepared M3 and I am faster on the straights but not over all. Full race suspension and 300mm slicks make him fast as hell.

overall a decent day with a good turnout and only one total Douchebag  (in a Boxter..lol)  " I bet I can get it over 150mph.."  Uh no, you can't, i promise. And he made an ass out of himself all day

Where did you guy your race gas, Mike ?

R&R Body shop about 2 miles from my house and  where we had beer and wings. They carry the whole VP line 110, C13, C16, C23 etc.. The shop runs a 4.4 second Pro-mod drag car and sell fuel to a lot of local racers. 

163.jpg

only way to cut ornamental grasses. period.

• Upvote 1

Finally bought an impact gun. It's 1/2inch but it's their mini model. Feels like half the weight of the usual 1/2in gun, like holding a regular drill gun. Very easy to handle and should be easier to get in tight spaces. 2.7lbs, claimed 100-550ft/lb working, 900ft/lb peak. It isn't very loud either. I knew it'd be on the weaker end since it's a mini. But my first test with lug nuts was a little bit of a let down. Two had rusted on a bit, and it wouldn't break them free. I didn't let it hammer for very long though (was in a hurry), and I'm running it on one of those cheap narrow plastic coil extension hoses. I'm hoping if I get a proper hose it'll do what I want.Reviews seem good, so I'm betting its the hose or couplers.

If the the volume/pressure aren't sufficient, the performance of the gun will drop off pretty quickly. Even 80 vs 90 psi makes a huge difference in the performance of the impact guns at my shop. 

That's next on the list. I want the brush axe for other uses too so I figured it's worth a try. I'm also trying to avoid having another power tool to maintain for such a narrow purpose. Maybe an electric one wouldn't be too bad? I don't have a ton of this stuff.

Brush axes, or sighs are great for some things really, I carry one on my fire engine and use it in the taller wild grasses.

I have not used an electric hedge trimmer, so I don't know its effectiveness.

If the the volume/pressure aren't sufficient, the performance of the gun will drop off pretty quickly. Even 80 vs 90 psi makes a huge difference in the performance of the impact guns at my shop. 

might be a ball bearing or 2 still lodged in the compressor :blush:

omg whered ya find that - this is what i have been looking for! mileage? manual trans?