Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

BlackT5

Sweet! Let me know how you like it. Did you get it new?

I got mine used from one of our local photography chains. Being able to go super wide is fun.

I got it at a local pawnshop for $70, its super clean which was surprising. 

I wanted a good Wide 18mm cause all I had was the 18/70 which is ok and the cheapo 18-55 kit lens that came with the D3200.  Im going to try it out this weekend when I go plane spotting down at MIA.

The guy maurice that is saving for that lens just bought a Tokina 11-16, Im really surprised at the sharpness.

Nice buy Michael, I love my Nikkor 12-24mm.

I wanted a good Wide 18mm cause all I had was the 18/70 which is ok and the cheapo 18-55 kit lens that came with the D3200.  Im going to try it out this weekend when I go plane spotting down at MIA.

The guy maurice that is saving for that lens just bought a Tokina 11-16, Im really surprised at the sharpness.

Tokina is not a bad lens, I have the 12-24 f4 dx and I'm okay with it. Ideally I'd like the Nikon though:happy:

Tokina is not a bad lens, I have the 12-24 f4 dx and I'm okay with it. Ideally I'd like the Nikon though:happy:

The More I read up on it it seems to be an amazing budget lens that out preforms a lot of others. Even Nikkor Snobs love it ( http://www.kenrockwell.com/tokina/11-16mm.htm )

Nice buy Michael, I love my Nikkor 12-24mm.

Thanks Daren!

Dang, good deal. I should check out the pawn shops in my area and see if they have anything. lol

The More I read up on it it seems to be an amazing budget lens that out preforms a lot of others. Even Nikkor Snobs love it ( http://www.kenrockwell.com/tokina/11-16mm.htm )

Prior to getting this 10-24, I read good things about the Tokina, but chose not to go with due to the lack of autofocus within the lens, which my D5200 needs.

On 10/28/2015, 10:53:17, RBoy8 said:

Thanks Daren!

Dang, good deal. I should check out the pawn shops in my area and see if they have anything. lol

Prior to getting this 10-24, I read good things about the Tokina, but chose not to go with due to the lack of autofocus within the lens, which my D5200 needs.

Ahhh see I'm on a D7000 so that's not an issue. What is though, is that I get green hazing (like lens flare, but even with my hood in place) in the center of my blacks...

7 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

for those who doubted

Kaplhenke coilovers are mindblowing to say the least

C30 needs floormats, tires, front and rear brakes, and a detail. Stock halogen headlights suck on these cars, getting a HID kit for it asap. 

While you're at it swap the stock halogen projectors for E46 ones. Direct fit. Nobody likes HIDs in halogen setups...

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ruecatinat said:

While you're at it swap the stock halogen projectors for E46 ones. Direct fit. Nobody likes HIDs in halogen setups...

woah that's awesome! time to hit up eBay and nab a pair, gotta find a spare set of headlights on the cheap 

Just now, Kevin. said:

woah that's awesome! time to hit up eBay and nab a pair, gotta find a spare set of headlights on the cheap 

Go to theretrofitsource.com - pretty sure they have them on clearance for $80 a pair, and they have a legit D2S kit as well. Only thing stopping me from swapping my V50 setup is the painfully low Canadian dollar

12 minutes ago, ruecatinat said:

Go to theretrofitsource.com - pretty sure they have them on clearance for $80 a pair, and they have a legit D2S kit as well. Only thing stopping me from swapping my V50 setup is the painfully low Canadian dollar

oh man that's real cheap, I did a Morimoto Mini H1 setup on my old 95 850, the light output was incredible

5 hours ago, Kevin. said:

oh man that's real cheap, I did a Morimoto Mini H1 setup on my old 95 850, the light output was incredible

Look into led. Much faster and cleaner look vs hid. I like them so much beer than hid. 

Btw trs is about 25 minutes from my house. I was going to go there sometime this week to check out what they got. 

Going to do a retrofit in my previa and my cousins 4 runner 

9 hours ago, Ghost Shadow said:

Look into led. Much faster and cleaner look vs hid. I like them so much beer than hid. 

Btw trs is about 25 minutes from my house. I was going to go there sometime this week to check out what they got. 

Going to do a retrofit in my previa and my cousins 4 runner 

honestly the issue is cost, LED kits are really expensive right now. 

that would be awesome to see TRS's showroom, let me know what you think!