Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

6 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

Guys please, I'm just interested in the GROM. :laugh:

Picked one up myself today. Amazon carries them all and I was already placing an order there.

Ditching the current set up, iMIV since they truly suck at responding to emails and calls regarding updates. I'll let someone on Swedespeed take the time to chase them down.

7 hours ago, matt b said:

Picked one up myself today. Amazon carries them all and I was already placing an order there.

Ditching the current set up, iMIV since they truly suck at responding to emails and calls regarding updates. I'll let someone on Swedespeed take the time to chase them down.

Cool. I'll check out Amazon too. I'm getting a little bit tired of my "flashy" Pioneer HU and have been tempted to go back to either my SC-816 or 901 with a GROM for my iPhone.

9 hours ago, RBoy8 said:

Cool. I'll check out Amazon too. I'm getting a little bit tired of my "flashy" Pioneer HU and have been tempted to go back to either my SC-816 or 901 with a GROM for my iPhone.

yea amazon had them but no Prime. Figured I would just order through GROM, either way works

5 hours ago, Kevin. said:

yea amazon had them but no Prime. Figured I would just order through GROM, either way works

BS, I ordered mine through Prime.

21 hours ago, survolvo said:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjkxWDkyMQ==/z/GssAAOSwBahU62jZ/$_35.JPG

with 60" bar. Time to start cutting some real wood.

photo IMG_20151110_182321930_zpsbjztniok.jpg

Dude i need that to cut down this shit orchid tree in my back yard.

22 minutes ago, flyfishing3 said:

Dang Jon , is that for the property or FF?

For the property. Its so I can buck and mill much larger slabs. I am buying a Stihl 660 from a friend and will couple that with this saw on the new mill I ordered. I will be able to cut up to 60" slabs now, rather than the 24" I have be able to. Once you get wider than 36" the $/board foot goes up big time. I have a bunch of redwood and monterey cypress to mill up. I can recoup my money for both saws and the mill from 3 or 4 redwood slabs to the right person.

One day... I actually really want a Lucas Mill. The only problem with them is you cannot always get the wood to them. That is why the Alaskan Mills are so useful. A majority of the wood I have to mill is back in the canyon, only accessible by foot.

10 hours ago, survolvo said:

One day... I actually really want a Lucas Mill. The only problem with them is you cannot always get the wood to them. That is why the Alaskan Mills are so useful. A majority of the wood I have to mill is back in the canyon, only accessible by foot.

I was gonna suggest Wood Mizer, too, but I don't think they'll handle the really wide stuff you're dealing with.  Would like to see some pics of your slabs when you saw them.  I've spent some years in the wood biz and really dig that shit.

12 minutes ago, Honeyman said:

I was gonna suggest Wood Mizer, too, but I don't think they'll handle the really wide stuff you're dealing with.  Would like to see some pics of your slabs when you saw them.  I've spent some years in the wood biz and really dig that shit.

This was a tree I helped slab up a couple years ago and got me itching to do more. Some of these slabs auctioned off over $20k.

https://bigsurredwood.wordpress.com/slabs/

Everything I have slabbed myself to date has been pretty small but I will get some larger ones soon. I will take some pics of what I have done recently and the set up and location I have been using.

• Upvote 1