Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

On February 22, 2016 at 3:41 PM, MattyXXL said:

Same here.... 99% of the guys here are cannon. Its an ongoing joke about the choice between Fisher Price (cannon) and Play School (Nikon). But we all rag on the one doucher here that spent $7500 on a Leica SL

If I had $4k to burn I'd buy a Leica Q in a heartbeat.

23 hours ago, Mesoam said:

what is that off of?

Long time no see buddy,  we still have two volvo's in the stable.  But it's going on something a little more german.  It's an 03 996 turbo.

DSC_0047.JPG

• Upvote 2

Just now, BlackT5 said:

These guys make a nice titanium 996 exhaust but it aint cheap.

http://www.higherarcing.org/

none of the aftermarket companies are cheap, those exhausts are pretty unique though.  one of the few to have helmholtz resonators fabbed into them to eliminate drone.

more pics of car please

crazy good welder - he is "9bells" on hondatech. That unabtainium site is so cool

1 hour ago, fivex84 said:

996 Turbos are the bargain of the century. 

Yep. Everyone wants air cooled now. 

looks like i'm really bad at getting photos, I need to grab a camera and do it right and not rely on phone shots but this is what you get for now.  bought it completely stock with 38k on the ticker.  since the purchase, have had some maintenance items.. 2 radiators, spark plugs, oil change yada yada.  and then the go fast bits, so far a tune and exhaust.

DSC_0763.JPG

DSC_0766.JPG

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, turbobrick said:

looks like i'm really bad at getting photos, I need to grab a camera and do it right and not rely on phone shots but this is what you get for now.  bought it completely stock with 38k on the ticker.  since the purchase, have had some maintenance items.. 2 radiators, spark plugs, oil change yada yada.  and then the go fast bits, so far a tune and exhaust.

DSC_0763.JPG

DSC_0766.JPG

My future car for sure. Hoping in the next couple of years I can get one as I've always loved the 996 turbo. In fact I was just looking at these earlier today to see the price ranges. Sweet ass car dude

yeah, people hated on them for looking so different, porsche created a niche though by going away from the egg yolk lenses.. you could argue it's the most unique 911 turbo to date.. but that's sacrilege ;)  

On 2/22/2016 at 10:57 AM, RBoy8 said:

Yep same here too. My close photographer friend are all Canon users too.

Hey Mike!  (and you other camera buffs)

A friend is selling this...

"Canon T2i camera for sale. 300 & 55 mm lenses, battery & charger, carrying case/strap and card. Hardly used and looks brand new. $250"

Is this a good starter camera for a dslr neophyte?  Seems like a decent price, please advise.

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Honeyman said:

Hey Mike!  (and you other camera buffs)

A friend is selling this...

"Canon T2i camera for sale. 300 & 55 mm lenses, battery & charger, carrying case/strap and card. Hardly used and looks brand new. $250"

Is this a good starter camera for a dslr neophyte?  Seems like a decent price, please advise.

Thanks!

Howdy!

Haha, one of my good friends actually uses a T2i and really loves it. Build quality actually feels better than the newer ones in the Rebel series (T5i, T6i, etc). I don't think you can go wrong with that price either, especially when comparing how much the new ones go for!

• Upvote 1