Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Much better than the i3, interested to hear your thoughts whenever you receive it.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Much better than the i3, interested to hear your thoughts whenever you receive it.

I'm so excited but it is a long time from now. Expected delivery start end of 2017 to west coast customer first then east coast. Europe and asia market get last

Has a nicer front end than the Model S but now it looks like it's driving around with perpetual duck face. 

4 minutes ago, Burn-E said:

Has a nicer front end than the Model S but now it looks like it's driving around with perpetual duck face. 

I'm more concern if my tax credit will still be available by the time I get my order. Supposedly, the incentive is done after Tesla produced 200k cars.

again, this is pre-production so nothing is 100% complete. They might have minor redesign by the time the finished product deliever to the customer.

They've already produced 100k.  You might be screwed.  My immediate thought was how soon will the tax incentives disappear once electric cars start selling at high volume?

4 hours ago, Burn-E said:

They've already produced 100k.  You might be screwed.  My immediate thought was how soon will the tax incentives disappear once electric cars start selling at high volume?

Yeah, that is why I'm concern about that the most. After tax credit in place, the car cost is $27,500. Tell me which car you can buy would be better than what tesla offer?

They saying the conversion rate is 55% on reservation so seem like I will be on the borderline.

Find out some more info regarding the tax credit.  Look like I should be getting at least $3750 regardless if Tesla reach 200k unit before I get mine.

The Model 3 will start at $35,000, and that price tag can be reduced to $27,500 in the U.S. after federal tax credits, and even further sliced with relevant state tax credits. Those federal tax credits are finite, though. Once credits are used for 200,000 units, they are scaled down by half each six months until they are phased out. 

I saw more Porsche than Rapide in that nose. It doesn't have a grille so it's not really aping Aston Martin.  

7 hours ago, Burn-E said:

I saw more Porsche than Rapide in that nose. It doesn't have a grille so it's not really aping Aston Martin.  

I agreed, it is more of Porsche look.  

I don't see Bentley is suing Chrysler for copy right design on their 300C model. This is just one of an easy example

automobile design has been copy cat game between manufacture decades ago.

1 hour ago, theForgottenone said:

Yeah, that is why I'm concern about that the most. After tax credit in place, the car cost is $27,500. Tell me which car you can buy would be better than what tesla offer?

I'm interested in seeing how much it depreciates...

I haven't purchased a new car for myself since, well... forever.  No need to start now. 

1 hour ago, S8ET6 said:

I'm interested in seeing how much it depreciates...

I haven't purchased a new car for myself since, well... forever.  No need to start now. 

I'm buying it for the premium experience 😉

On 4/1/2016 at 2:10 PM, theForgottenone said:

They saying the conversion rate is 55% on reservation so seem like I will be on the borderline.

Find out some more info regarding the tax credit.  Look like I should be getting at least $3750 regardless if Tesla reach 200k unit before I get mine.

The Model 3 will start at $35,000, and that price tag can be reduced to $27,500 in the U.S. after federal tax credits, and even further sliced with relevant state tax credits. Those federal tax credits are finite, though. Once credits are used for 200,000 units, they are scaled down by half each six months until they are phased out. 

the $7500 isn't taken off the sale price of the vehicle, this is something that most people aren't understanding.

The $7500 credit is UP TO a $7500 return on your taxes. Generally speaking it doesn't count towards leases unless the brand has a program for it (BMW does, not sure about Tesla). The $7500 isn't guaranteed at all, you may not even get anything.

I really want a model 3, but I think I'll wait until they're actually in showrooms before I commit to anything 

Hey Kevin are you still on for meeting up tonight with all the other Volvo nerds?