Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

2 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

Hey Kevin are you still on for meeting up tonight with all the other Volvo nerds?

fo shiz

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

the $7500 isn't taken off the sale price of the vehicle, this is something that most people aren't understanding.

The $7500 credit is UP TO a $7500 return on your taxes. Generally speaking it doesn't count towards leases unless the brand has a program for it (BMW does, not sure about Tesla). The $7500 isn't guaranteed at all, you may not even get anything.

I really want a model 3, but I think I'll wait until they're actually in showrooms before I commit to anything 

It is a government tax incentive program not exclusive to BMW.  I never lease any car and don't intend to.  It is guarantee to any manufacture that produce the first 200,000 EV. I already posted above the reduce incentive after that.  I'm aware of what tax credit can do when I go file my tax.

https://www.teslamotors.com/support/incentives

You will be waiting for awhile since the first delivery won't take place until late 2017 and there already close to 300k reservation order. So what happen to the great I3 that BMW have ?

55 minutes ago, theForgottenone said:

It is a government tax incentive program not exclusive to BMW.  I never lease any car and don't intend to.  It is guarantee to any manufacture that produce the first 200,000 EV. I already posted above the reduce incentive after that.  I'm aware of what tax credit can do when I go file my tax.

https://www.teslamotors.com/support/incentives

You will be waiting for awhile since the first delivery won't take place until late 2017 and there already close to 300k reservation order. So what happen to the great I3 that BMW have ?

the federal incentive is claimed after you buy the car and it's up to $7500, not a guaranteed $7500. You don't just get $7500 off the price of the car, that's how Tesla makes it seem. Just making sure! :tup: 

6 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

the federal incentive is claimed after you buy the car and it's up to $7500, not a guaranteed $7500. You don't just get $7500 off the price of the car, that's how Tesla makes it seem

Every EV manufacture promote this incentive Kevin. Check out GM bolt own promotion.

everyone that buy tesla or reserved is well aware what is a tax credit meant. You don't get the full amount if your tax liability is below $7500 which I don't have that problem.

Where did you see tesla claim it is $7,500 off the car purchase price? Send me some link please

To anyone not knowing how tax credit works it very much appears that they get 7500$ off of the purchase price. The configurator for the Model 3 isn't available yet but for the Model S and Model X it is. When the price for the car is displayed (cash purchase) the very first thing you see is a price minus 7500$ federal tax credit and minus estimated fuel savings over a 5 year period. See example picture from the internet:

Tesla-Model-X.jpg

While the actual cost of the car is displayed below the reduced price I dislike that they are suggesting to me that the car will cost less than I have to pay for it. It's still X amount of $ up front, regardles of how much money I don't spend on fuel or how much tax credit I may or may not get. If you have no state selected that gives an incentive it currently says price is Y amount Cost After Estimated Savings

On 4/1/2016 at 2:10 PM, theForgottenone said:

Yeah, that is why I'm concern about that the most. After tax credit in place, the car cost is $27,500. Tell me which car you can buy would be better than what tesla offer?

They saying the conversion rate is 55% on reservation so seem like I will be on the borderline.

Find out some more info regarding the tax credit.  Look like I should be getting at least $3750 regardless if Tesla reach 200k unit before I get mine.

The Model 3 will start at $35,000, and that price tag can be reduced to $27,500 in the U.S. after federal tax credits, and even further sliced with relevant state tax credits. Those federal tax credits are finite, though. Once credits are used for 200,000 units, they are scaled down by half each six months until they are phased out. 

25 minutes ago, theForgottenone said:

Every EV manufacture promote this incentive Kevin. Check out GM bolt own promotion.

everyone that buy tesla or reserved is well aware what is a tax credit meant. You don't get the full amount if your tax liability is below $7500 which I don't have that problem.

Where did you see tesla claim it is $7,500 off the car purchase price? Send me some link please

You said it, doofus. See above.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

yeah Tesla has very misleading advertising when it comes to pricing information, however they do explain it in detail on their website.

it's all about your taxes when it comes to the (up to) $7500 amount, the average consumer cannot just assume that they get $7500 off the car. It's a rebate, not a discount as Tesla shows it being

2 hours ago, Oreo931 said:

You said it, doofus. See above.

Ok Capt obvious. My debate with Kevin was about tesla advertising regarding off purchase price. 

I know what I need to pay and my net cost for the car. 

Why don't you stay off my message since you like to follow me around.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Kevin. said:

fo shiz

I want details!

22 minutes ago, T5power said:

I want details!

Well if you read the rules for the tax incentive on the IRS website is is 200k sales in the US.

"The new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle credit phases out for a manufacturer’s vehicles over the one-year period beginning with the second calendar quarter after the calendar quarter in which at least 200,000 qualifying vehicles manufactured by that manufacturer have been sold for use in the United States (determined on a cumulative basis for sales after December 31, 2009) (“phase-out period”)" Quote Link.

To date Tesla has sold only about 73K cars in the US for all models (not model 3).  And 100k it the world wides sales total, so people taking deliveries on on the west cost could possibly get the $7500 Tax incentive.