Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Recommended Posts

Recall on all the Model X's sold so far.  Not very many, but still bad PR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's just me but I'd prefer the BMW or GM over that Toyota or Tesla. That Toyota is hideous! Darth Vader Hybrid? And the Tesla looks like a Mazda 3 without the smile. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When there are fast and easy electric stations to recharge, like there are gas, I'll buy an electric car.

It will probably happen in my lifetime, definitely in my children's ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That right there is the major reason more people haven't jumped on the electric car bandwagon up to this point, in my opinion. Once that changes plus more model/make choices are available, I'll begin to pay more attention to the engineering that is going on with those vehicles.

I still don't think I'll see the internal combustion engine get left behind in my lifetime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesla plan to double supercharging location and  quadruple destination by the time model 3 delivery start. 

I'm tired of paying gas on my cars and it is a finite resource after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not like you won't have to pay for "fuel" with a Tesla though. You'll just see it in your electric bill, not to mention if you take a trip and need to recharge away from your home it's still going to cost $20.

Also, just noticed you're selling your car. Had I known this was happening or I hadn't bought the coupe, you'd be getting a call from me. I've always loved your S40. Good luck with the sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

It's not like you won't have to pay for "fuel" with a Tesla though. You'll just see it in your electric bill, not to mention if you take a trip and need to recharge away from your home it's still going to cost $20.

Also, just noticed you're selling your car. Had I known this was happening or I hadn't bought the coupe, you'd be getting a call from me. I've always loved your S40. Good luck with the sale.

Well cost for electricity is like paying 20 cents to the gallon. A full charge cost $5-6 instead of whatever gas cost so I will rather take that choice.

On road trip, that is where tesla network come to play with supercharging.

 I still have 2 other ICE cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesla has a huge uphill climb for charging stations. If GM, BMW, etc. put charging stations in half of there the dealerships in the US they'd still beat the pants off Tesla.

Tesla is boutiquey for my taste. We have a "dealership" in my local mall. :rolleyes:

I like the idea of making my own EV car. I've been toying with the idea about making my Porsche 914 an EV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NEU said:

Tesla is boutiquey for my taste. We have a "dealership" in my local mall. :rolleyes:

That's not because they don't want dealerships, its because they are not allowed to have dealerships as they don't fall under the franchise laws most states have since they sell direct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ErikS said:

That's not because they don't want dealerships, its because they are not allowed to have dealerships as they don't fall under the franchise laws most states have since they sell direct.

Thanks to GM , they can't even sell in certain states.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theForgottenone said:

Thanks to GM , they can't even sell in certain states.

 

Yep, lobbyist and our great political system really allowing for progression and change!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NEU said:

Tesla has a huge uphill climb for charging stations. If GM, BMW, etc. put charging stations in half of there the dealerships in the US they'd still beat the pants off Tesla.

Tesla is boutiquey for my taste. We have a "dealership" in my local mall. :rolleyes:

I like the idea of making my own EV car. I've been toying with the idea about making my Porsche 914 an EV.

Why would I want to go to a dealership to charge my car. That would be inconvienence for consumer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theForgottenone said:

Why would I want to go to a dealership to charge my car. That would be inconvienence for consumer. 

If you wanted to drive farther then 300 miles you need to charge it somewhere? If GM set this up stations at their dealerships you could drive coast to coast.

Maybe I'm missing something but how would you drive a Tesla cross country? Ultra long extension cord? Solar panels? I see that as being an inconveniences... :wink:

2 hours ago, ErikS said:

That's not because they don't want dealerships, its because they are not allowed to have dealerships as they don't fall under the franchise laws most states have since they sell direct.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd never buy a car located next to Spencer's Gifts... :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NEU said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'd never buy a car located next to Spencer's Gifts... :biggrin:

Its just you, no one shops in malls anymore unless its really cheap or really expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ErikS said:

Its just you, no one shops in malls anymore unless its really cheap or really expensive.

Can confirm. Amazon Prime is a blessing and a burden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this