Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

1 hour ago, ErikS said:

Its just you, no one shops in malls anymore unless its really cheap or really expensive.

Yep and I'm not drinking the Tesla Kool-Aid either... I'm waiting for the better car, not the latest fad.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NEU said:

If you wanted to drive farther then 300 miles you need to charge it somewhere? If GM set this up stations at their dealerships you could drive coast to coast.

Maybe I'm missing something but how would you drive a Tesla cross country? Ultra long extension cord? Solar panels? I see that as being an inconveniences... :wink:

Maybe it's just me, but I'd never buy a car located next to Spencer's Gifts... :biggrin:

https://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

By this  ^^^

They plan to double the # of station by model 3 delivery started.  I can travel anywhere I need. Owning a Tesla doesn't prevent anyone from travel on a trip farther than their car range. As of this moment, I can drive to Mt. Hood or to the coast if I need to be.  I can drive to Seattle or down to California if i wish without any issue.

This is the reason why people so afraid but also being uninformed about Tesla network.  By the way, the Bolt range is 200 miles. Are you trying to find GM dealership within every 150 miles wherever you go? That's pretty inconvenience to me.

You will be waiting for another decade for a better BEV than Tesla at this price range.

Expansion Plans

We strategically place Superchargers along well-traveled highways and in congested city centers. In addition to Superchargers, we have a growing network of charging partners with dedicated Tesla Wall Connectors at their properties. These are primarily destinations where you’d stay for several hours at a time, such as ski resorts, restaurants, hotels and others, so that you return to your car with ample range for your return trip.

supercharging.JPG

I'm always hearing "in the future", "the plan is", "by year WXYZ" when Tesla and electric vehicles come up. Selling a product, or in case of the Model 3 a promise of a product to be, on the future potential of said product strikes me as a bit risky. At the moment there is very little information that a potential car buyer can use to find out if the Model 3 is the right car for him/her.

The average car buyer, at least from my perspective, cares not so much about the numbers (acceleration! top speed! range!) and more about how the car fits with everyday life. Very minor details can make a car uninteresting to a buyer. Courts have been forced to decide wether or not the wrong colour, missing options or in a very special case a missing ashtray on a six figure Lexus is problematic enough to reject a car/give it back to the manufacturer. With no idea how the car drives and handles the end product may not be to everyones liking.

Supercharger thing... The idea is great and promises a lot of convenience with the current technological limitations. But how well will the system work when more and more people use it? There is a limit to how many Supercharger stations can be installed and how many cars can use one installation at a given time. They are very similar to petrol stations in regards to space needed and general function - a place to add energy to your car and park it for how long that will take.

Announcing the first all electric 1999 V70 AWD. It will be available in Q3 of 2026 for low price of an old Volvo without working engine.

uhh, i'm going to ask a small little question regarding the tesla

How many of you guys have driven one? Sat in one? taken one apart? breathed on one?

How about ten, twenty or thirty?

We have worked on 115 since Dec 2012.

these are some hellava cars here. i see some crazy shit on a daily basis (instagram gshadow325) for the curious

just wondering how one forms such a strong opinion about a certain brand over another.

edit: here is picture from our POS system

20160412_165658_zpsezgoqjqu.jpg[/URL]

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Ghost Shadow said:

uhh, i'm going to ask a small little question regarding the tesla

How many of you guys have driven one? Sat in one? taken one apart? breathed on one?

How about ten, twenty or thirty?

We have worked on 115 since Dec 2012.

these are some hellava cars here. i see some crazy shit on a daily basis (instagram gshadow325) for the curious

just wondering how one forms such a strong opinion about a certain brand over another.

Agreed. I would not call a brand that pre-sells 276K cars in 72 hours a fad. Like it or not, they're here to stay and have introduced some amazing technology (software upgrades over the air, superchargers, etc...) 

If nothing else, the fact that they're doing away with the traditional dealer approach should be reason enough to stick around.

• Upvote 1

i'm around teslas daily and this is whats in the shop today. 

16 huracan vs 14 ripp s/c wrangler

IMG_20160411_143635_zpsgv8culml.jpg

if you guys are around these types of cars daily, i think your opinion might change. you may think again about that 585k aventador sv and appreciate a 235k mclaren 570s

• Upvote 2

Regarding the drive range, I would pose most people that buy these cars are not planning on driving cross country with them. Mostly for around town and the occasional trip into the city (if living in a suburban area). 

If they do want to travel farther, I'm sure they have a different car for that. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NEU said:

Maybe I'm missing something but how would you drive a Tesla cross country? Ultra long extension cord? Solar panels? I see that as being an inconveniences...

It's been done in a little more than 2 days:

http://jalopnik.com/we-set-a-cross-country-record-in-a-telsa-that-drove-its-1739410767

And it's also been done slowly: 

https://www.teslamotors.com/customer-stories/cross-country-trip

Tesla is forcing other automakers into making competitive electric cars. Look at GM with the EV1, everyone that had one loved it and yet they took every one back and crushed them all. They don't care about being competitive, they care about profits. I applaud Elon Musk for his efforts, I just wish we as taxpayers didn't bail out shitty companies that didn't deserve it. However I will say that Ford is making some good shit lately

On 4/12/2016 at 2:15 PM, ErikS said:

Its just you, no one shops in malls anymore unless its really cheap or really expensive.

On 4/12/2016 at 2:18 PM, Timbo Slice said:

Can confirm. Amazon Prime is a blessing and a burden.

I don't see how people buy clothes without going to the mall, I have to try on clothes before I buy them. Even ones I always buy seem to change, 2 pair of the same fit and size seem to be different.

Regarding electric cars... IMO the not-so-distant future will be charging panels mounted on highways that will charge wirelessly, this will also be conducive to GPS self driving cars, which will also suck the life out driving. But I imagine the transition from a horse to a car wasn't an easy one either.

35 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

....I just wish we as taxpayers didn't bail out shitty companies that didn't deserve it. However I will say that Ford is making some good shit lately

"We as tax payers" had no say in the matter. I find it ironic that you, a Bernie nutswinger, would have a problem with that. FTR, Ford didn't take the handout.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mattsk8 said:

I don't see how people buy clothes without going to the mall.

You have not met my wife. All clothes can be returned now no questions asked.

The last time I bought jeans was 2012.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ErikS said:

You have not met my wife. All clothes can be returned now no questions asked.

The last time I bought jeans was 2012.

This.  Amazon or similar sites.  Most of them she buys who have local stores so she can return there if she needs to do so without having to box it up.  She piles boxes in my car every other week with directions on what to return to UPS and what to drop off at the store. My size hasn't changed in 20 years so I don't need to try anything on to know what should fit.  Zappos delivers and takes back shoes for free.

Malls suck.

i like to Order, try, return.

save $ too

and by try, it's not just the dressing room. You can take it out and see how the chicks react. That's trying on clothes.