Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

True on the headlights - the MK7 Lighting package is a must have on these new Golfs/GTI's. They are nice and bright HID's and auto leveling and corner adaptive! :)

I disagree on the cost cutting with the interiors... the MK7 GTI interior is gorgeous and matches up with the interiors of much more expensive cars...

mk7gtiinterior_zpsftdjswg2.jpg

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

True on the headlights - the MK7 Lighting package is a must have on these new Golfs/GTI's. They are nice and bright HID's and auto leveling and corner adaptive! :)

I disagree on the cost cutting with the interiors... the MK7 GTI interior is gorgeous and matches up with the interiors of much more expensive cars...

that's true. I guess moreso on the MKVI NON gti/gli's.. i just really really hate the standard MKVI gauges. the MK6 one is cleaner, more basic. MK5, for me, is a little bit more stylish. i loved those blue LED's lol

33 minutes ago, T5power said:

that's true. I guess moreso on the MKVI NON gti/gli's.. i just really really hate the standard MKVI gauges. the MK6 one is cleaner, more basic. MK5, for me, is a little bit more stylish. i loved those blue LED's lol

The MK6 gauges aren't bad but the MK5 have more character. Both are bright, easy to read, and informative. The MFI display in between the gauges really got better in the MK6 though.

What annoys me about the MK6/MK7 is that the base Jettas are awful without the GLI additions - trying to find a GLI is almost impossible as well. Also, a MK5 Wolfsburg is excellent; an option I don't think carried over to MK6.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ruecatinat said:

The MK6 gauges aren't bad but the MK5 have more character. Both are bright, easy to read, and informative. The MFI display in between the gauges really got better in the MK6 though.

What annoys me about the MK6/MK7 is that the base Jettas are awful without the GLI additions - trying to find a GLI is almost impossible as well. Also, a MK5 Wolfsburg is excellent; an option I don't think carried over to MK6.

nail on the head. that's exactly what I mean!

Yeah and the MFI in the MK7 is color and everything now!

My wife and I have a MK6 GLI and I love that car too. The gages at least do the full sweep when you turn it on... isn't that cool enough? :p

Said I wasn't going to do it but I did.  All 4 for less than $465.  Going on the red 850R.  Now to decide between red and gold.

boxster.jpg

R.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ooooo gold - we all knew you would and its gonna look sweet!

And gold wheels and gold emblems and a black ice air freshener tree. oh and fill the back seat with monster or nos cans. oh oh oh and get wheels with a machined lip. ohhhh and follow the rent a center truck home with 6 new 60" TV's too.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Yellow95 said:

Said I wasn't going to do it but I did.  All 4 for less than $465.  Going on the red 850R.  Now to decide between red and gold.

boxster.jpg

R.jpg

I seem to remember you saying youll never do it again...

You have an BBK addiction big daddy

17 minutes ago, MattyXXL said:

I seem to remember you saying youll never do it again...

You have an BBK addiction big daddy

Going fast is cool but stopping is sexy as hell!

What rimps you gonna go with to clear that beiberkay, Grandpa?

Aw sick, chromies fo da homies.

24 minutes ago, RBoy8 said:

Aw sick, chromies fo da homies.

I read that in Michael Asian Canadian accent and giggled to myself a bit.

• Upvote 1

I'll make sure to throw on my best accent and say that line for you at Ithaca. :tongue:

• Upvote 1

Bought a duck chlorine dispenser for our $60 pool and made a plug cover for the pump plug out of a $4 toolbox

tmp_10554-IMG_20160530_183914_011900079541.jpg

tmp_10554-IMG_20160530_183901_01-438079249.jpg

• Upvote 1