Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

On 3/20/2018 at 9:24 PM, RBoy8 said:

So what you're saying is... you're gonna get mad turnt off gin and start mumble rapping. What the heck, Daren...

• Upvote 1

Bought a manual T-5R shift knob and boot.  It even came with free parts car :biggrin:

40964201441_4d2a244024_k.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

mi_pilot_ss_mobpdpcrop.jpg

four 225/45/17

• Upvote 6

Sold the M3. I am Selling the V70R. If anyone wants one.  

Bought this motherfucker. 2013 golf R. 60k. APR stage2+. 6mt 

And life goes on. 

IMG_20180404_141017_745.jpg

• Upvote 3

And you were the one who warned me of APR... ;)

Super fun car! Will you have it on the track? I love my mk7 gti with some goodies on it! :)

Is this going to be both your daily and track toy, Mike?

Looks good!

10 minutes ago, gmsgltr said:

And you were the one who warned me of APR... ;)

Super fun car! Will you have it on the track? I love my mk7 gti with some goodies on it! :)

Yeah apr got their bullshit handled.. I think all that is settled. I'm pretty psyched to have a low mileage mint car for a change. 

Yeah I already have days at mid Ohio and Nelson ledges booked.

How's your mk7 been? 

4 minutes ago, RBoy8 said:

Is this going to be both your daily and track toy, Mike?

Looks good!

Yep. Getting down to one car with low miles and lots of performance. Tired of having 2 cars with a combined total of over a 1/2 million miles on them.. one is always sitting.  Tired of oil puddles, tired of creaking plastic... One car to do it all.

Im a millenial - one day i love it, the next day i wish i bought a mk7 r, the next day i wish i kept my beater 98v70t5m (but im not a millenial in the sense that my parents pay for it) so i got something in the middle... lol really its the monthly payment that just sucks. but im at 0.9% so nobody is getting rich off of me and i only owe another 10k on it.

just rolled over to 37k miles yesterday - stage 1 tune, some clubsport s parts, lowering springs/spacers/dogbone insert, wheels and good tires and its a monster honestly (i have the factory lsd and big brakes too already)

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Bought this motherfucker. 2013 golf R. 60k. APR stage2+. 6mt 

And life goes on. 

How much for my old R? Lol

3 hours ago, gilber33 said:

How much for my old R? Lol

2k For vs people. I put on a new driveshaft, viscous coupler, new nivomats, new control arms 2 weeks ago. New swaybar links,  and fixed some other shit. Leaks some oil.. Cam seal. Otherwise a good daily. Comes with both sets of wheels and roof racks. 

3 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

Im a millenial - one day i love it, the next day i wish i bought a mk7 r, the next day i wish i kept my beater 98v70t5m (but im not a millenial in the sense that my parents pay for it) so i got something in the middle... lol really its the monthly payment that just sucks. but im at 0.9% so nobody is getting rich off of me and i only owe another 10k on it.

just rolled over to 37k miles yesterday - stage 1 tune, some clubsport s parts, lowering springs/spacers/dogbone insert, wheels and good tires and its a monster honestly (i have the factory lsd and big brakes too already)

Cool. I bought mine for cash. I hate payments.  You don't want to know what I paid.. might make you cry. There's a back story to it though.

My son is pulling my red car out of the warehouse in a week or 2 and putting it in the garage to resurect it... It will be back by summer.. I'm kinda happy about that. He got a really good new job and he's ready to get into it.

Maybe I'll make the Ithaca meet this year. I have to start vaping though.. gotta fit in with the cargo shorts vw crowd

Not that you were getting the best mpg in the v70r or m3 but id be curious what that mk6R would get at 'stage2+'

What is stage2+? Still stock turbo but full bolt on's?

you are right, i dont want to know what you paid haha - i drove the mk6 r when i bought my car. in Nov. 2015 - a low mileage mk6 R, no mods and CPO was the same price as a new loaded mk7 gti... 

20 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Bought this mothermonkeyer. 2013 golf R. 60k. APR stage2+. 6mt 

And life goes on. 

You'll miss the mechanic, responsive and kinetic feeling of the M3, but the MK6 R is one of the best cars to have if you're only going to have one.

3 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

Not that you were getting the best mpg in the v70r or m3 but id be curious what that mk6R would get at 'stage2+'

What is stage2+? Still stock turbo but full bolt on's?

you are right, i dont want to know what you paid haha - i drove the mk6 r when i bought my car. in Nov. 2015 - a low mileage mk6 R, no mods and CPO was the same price as a new loaded mk7 gti... 

It's the 3" intake, full turbo back exhaust, apr HP fuel pump, and tuning. (Also has switchable modes, and no lift). Should be good for 365hp/370tq on 93. And 392/407 on 100 race fuel. Can switch between 4 tunes. 

I'll leave it at that for this year and probably get a Haldex controller and a few little things first before bigger turbo. 

Let's just say I paid somewhere in the region of what a 2010gti sells for with average miles... I'm happy.

• Upvote 2