Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Ahhh yep.  Was EST

saffron looks like it went through a grinder.  

still runs awesome, but cosmetically, it makes me cry inside.  It’s a college kid car now,  so why get upset.  As long as it’s safe, all I care about now. 

both my boys are going to same college in fall(hopefully). Jr and Fresh.  They will have car at school so it really will go to shit. 

2 hours ago, flyfishing3 said:

Ahhh yep.  Was EST

saffron looks like it went through a grinder.  

still runs awesome, but cosmetically, it makes me cry inside.  It’s a college kid car now,  so why get upset.  As long as it’s safe, all I care about now. 

both my boys are going to same college in fall(hopefully). Jr and Fresh.  They will have car at school so it really will go to shit. 

You do realize that P80 V70Rs, especially rare colours, are appreciating in value right?

You'd be better off buying them a used civic and bringing the saffron back to life.

Mike has so much money he can wipe his ass with rare cars. 🤑😂

He uses antique bamboo fly rods as camp fire starter. Baller.

• Like 1

Speaking of Mike and money... Mike are you still in flooring? I need 1500 sqft of flooring for the entire downstairs of our new place. I bought some samples... scratched the shit out of them, tried to dent them, soaked them in water and I am still torn because 'laminate' seems to get such a bad rap...

Hutchinson (OES) hydraulic mount +  OEM front mount

6801722H.jpg?1496380965  9480190.jpg?1496383094

Couple new vacuum check valves (PN 1275226, thanks @B Mac) and a whole bunch of black silicone vacuum line to replace all the vacuum lines in my engine bay.  I still need to order a bunch of spring clamps, but I'm waiting to order those until I can measure the OD of each size silicone line.

open-uri20160408-24641-bgdu1b.?149649022 

A SPDT relay, a few Weatherpack connectors, some spools of wire, and Weatherpack crimper & pin removal tool.

59c170df-8d2e-4ac3-a24d-339d73ed872a_1.d

Plus a couple of these stupid fuel line/fuel rail connectors and o-rings, a new bushing and bearing for my VC, and rear wheel bearing snap rings from Tasca

e171bbbdd808390490628ead998fb0ea.jpg?cb= 227eccdaa61347637f9cff56250d1f6f.jpg?cb=

7 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

Speaking of Mike and money... Mike are you still in flooring? I need 1500 sqft of flooring for the entire downstairs of our new place. I bought some samples... scratched the shit out of them, tried to dent them, soaked them in water and I am still torn because 'laminate' seems to get such a bad rap...

What kind of laminate did you buy?  I'm not in flooring, but I have some experience with different products from work (Architect)

• Upvote 3

didnt buy anything yet - i fixed the current subfloor, replaced some rot etc. screwed it down, and just put another layer on top gluing and screwing in the field (not to joist). I now have a net 1" subfloor lol. It is pretty level now and VERY quiet/sturdy. I don't think I can afford to do wood floors... likely big dog soon, 1 year old, and who knows how many more. I did laminate in the townhouse that we did a live-in flip and they were great and we had compliments all the time. The laminate game has changed again now 6 years later. I did a condo flip last year with my dad and we did vinyl click flooring and that was honestly really nice stuff too. 

4 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

didnt buy anything yet - i fixed the current subfloor, replaced some rot etc. screwed it down, and just put another layer on top gluing and screwing in the field (not to joist). I now have a net 1" subfloor lol. It is pretty level now and VERY quiet/sturdy. I don't think I can afford to do wood floors... likely big dog soon, 1 year old, and who knows how many more. I did laminate in the townhouse that we did a live-in flip and they were great and we had compliments all the time. The laminate game has changed again now 6 years later. I did a condo flip last year with my dad and we did vinyl click flooring and that was honestly really nice stuff too. 

Laminate really has come a long way and as much as I love to hate it, it is a good choice for a lot of applications. We have laminate upstairs and oak downstairs (wtf?) and the laminate still looks brand new. It predates us, so it's at least 5 years old. The oak could use a refinishing at this point although it's unrivaled in its warmth. If you like wood, nothing beats the real thing. If you don't really care, then laminate makes a lot more sense.  

I think it gets a bad rap because it tries to be emulate wood, usually not very well. Especially if it's a sheet product as opposed to plank laminate. 

10 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

What kind of look (wood, tile, etc) are you going for? Laminate or LVT sound like good options from a performance standpoint (based on kids/dog) and ease of install. If you wanted real wood, an engineered wood product (basically hardwood on top of plywood) meets your price point. 

Is tile an option you’re considering? That’s generally the most durable option.

An intriguing possibility is bamboo flooring. It’s really dense, more so than Brazilian hardwoods like Ipe, so it should hold up well to wear and stains. We had a seminar about it at work for exterior use recently but the same company (Moso) makes interior flooring as well. I’ve been meaning to do some more research into it but haven’t had time. 

Bought some formed stainless.

49822707421_fa5723dcfe_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/24/2020 at 6:32 PM, andyb5 said:

What kind of look (wood, tile, etc) are you going for? Laminate or LVT sound like good options from a performance standpoint (based on kids/dog) and ease of install. If you wanted real wood, an engineered wood product (basically hardwood on top of plywood) meets your price point. 

Is tile an option you’re considering? That’s generally the most durable option.

An intriguing possibility is bamboo flooring. It’s really dense, more so than Brazilian hardwoods like Ipe, so it should hold up well to wear and stains. We had a seminar about it at work for exterior use recently but the same company (Moso) makes interior flooring as well. I’ve been meaning to do some more research into it but haven’t had time. 

Definitely not tile... too pricey, too much work and wont fit the 'style' - we are hitting on a lot of the typical 'farmhouse' design cues for the house so a weathered wide plank wood look floor is definitely where we are. I am gonna test a 'floor and decor' waterproof laminate soon just beat the shit out of it and soak it in water for a bit to see. Also I already tiled part of the main floor (laundry/mud room/half bath).

The bamboo option is intriguing, although I have heard mixed reviews on it ESPECIALLY lumber liquidators bamboo lol with all the class action lawsuits etc.

On 4/23/2020 at 10:22 AM, gmsgltr said:

Hi Greg,

Yep,  Persoanly, if I was looking for a flooring that isn't permeant I'd go with a RIGID CORE, CORTEX product.  its a LVP and looks just like hardoood or some look like ceramic.  You can get floating so the subfloor prep isn't as important.  

watch Bambo, there is vertical or horizontal grain,  Vertical is less prone to denting, but I like horizontal better.  If you want to go green, look at cork.  Its been around since flooring was invented and renewable.  

in your world I sell to:

Stanley Stephens

JJ Haines

L fishman

They all should have something I might be able to help you out with.

see if any are near you.

• Upvote 2

Ok thanks Mike - Stanley Stephens is closest (Bucks County). I now have a truck in the family too so I can actually haul all this stuff!

I have used the LVP before, did 1k sq/ft in a condo for my sister recently. It was Floor and Decor's 'NuCore' it seems like it will wear well and looks great. Does feel a bit cheap and it snaps/butts together without an audible click or beveled seem (The beveled seem is a must to me though)

I used Lowes 'Smartcore' in my townhouse bathroom over the old tile before we sold and it was really nice stuff, it did have the beveled edge and went together more like laminate click lock flooring.

Read into COREtec - is that what you mean? 

yeah,  the company in china who makes it, makes it under a couple names.  IIRC Shaw carpet bought the rights to the name/process, but it's made in china.  The bottom has fallen out of the LVT/LVP category.  It's now a race to the bottom for quality and price.  Stick to the thicker, better stuff.

if you plan to swing by the Bristol customer, send me a PM and I'll give you who to talk to and I'll call him in advance.

• Upvote 2