Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Nice.  I just picked up an 08 V8 at the beginning of coronapocalypse to cover the daily driver duties myself.

32 minutes ago, (n)A-GAME said:

Nice.  I just picked up an 08 V8 at the beginning of coronapocalypse to cover the daily driver duties myself.

Godspeed to you and fixing those oil leaks.

3 hours ago, Ihatespeedbumps said:

You're not kidding... every time I fix one leak on my mom's V8 Sport, I find another. So far I've done the timing cover, front crank seal, valve covers, and oil cooler o-ring. Now I can see that it's the oil pan... ugh, I'll get to it eventually!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, bmdubya1198 said:

You're not kidding... every time I fix one leak on my mom's V8 Sport, I find another. So far I've done the timing cover, front crank seal, valve covers, and oil cooler o-ring. Now I can see that it's the oil pan... ugh, I'll get to it eventually!

Reminds me of that scene in three stooges when they were pretending to be plumbers in that mansion. 

hvac-hacks.com-01wbgfYauI3FdrN3dLGdA.jpg

• Upvote 4

On 6/16/2020 at 2:29 PM, Ihatespeedbumps said:

Mine is dry as a bone.

• Upvote 2

I am sure I just jinxed myself by posting that!  But with 60K miles I would hope it isn't leaking yet.

22 hours ago, (n)A-GAME said:

I am sure I just jinxed myself by posting that!  But with 60K miles I would hope it isn't leaking yet.

Should be ok.  I remember doing a rear main in one years ago that had 49k on it and was still under warranty. That's a motherfucker of a job to get paid 9 hours.

10 hours ago, Ihatespeedbumps said:

Should be ok.  I remember doing a rear main in one years ago that had 49k on it and was still under warranty. That's a mothermonkeyer of a job to get paid 9 hours.

Only 49k? Wow. That's the kind of mileage my cousin sees on VWs at work that get work like that done. They always have issues with oil leaks.

A couple years ago, someone who knows far more about audio equipment than I do told me that the SC-900/901 were designed for tape and that I should buy some cassette tapes.  My memories of the sound quality from tape growing up in the 90 and 00s were pretty bad so I didn't really take it that seriously.  Well about a month ago I was surfing ebay and decided I was gonna buy a tape and ended up with that Flecktones album on the right.

I'm up to about 10 now lol.  If you have a 901 and aren't using the tape deck, you're missing out.  I guess we must have never had a decent tape deck when I was growing up in the 90s because this is amazing.  Sounds absolutely fantastic on the stock V70 EQ curve and just slight adjustments to bass/treble as needed for a given tape.  I've never had car audio that sounds so good with such little fuss.

tapes.thumb.jpg.bc567fa42e314146b86a5e881dea9467.jpg

• Upvote 2

Looks like I need to search eBay for some Journey cassettes. That's all that sits in my CD changer right now... Journey and Santana!