Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

I would run a 901 in my 850R if they werent all gray... and i am not gonna paint one black like someone else on here did haha

i had a 901 in my t5m and it was really nice for sure

Hell yeah, Evolution, Trial by Fire, and Raised on Radio for $8! Now to find some early stuff lol.

I think that's what you were trying to do for your red R, right Jared? Black faceplate 901?

I maintain that the stock 901 system with paper speakers and all rivals most setups on these cars.  It truly is a fantastic sounding system.

1 hour ago, (n)A-GAME said:

I maintain that the stock 901 system with paper speakers and all rivals most setups on these cars.  It truly is a fantastic sounding system.

I agree with this. A few years back @Aequitas_Veritas and I installed a full set of Alpine SPS-610C speakers in my wagon, but ultimately I thought it sounded better with the stock speakers, and the addition of a HU-901 + C70 amplifier. We eventually removed the Alpines and went back to stock, and I've been happy with it since. Could use a little more bass before distortion occurs, but otherwise no complaints. 

I love the sound of my 901 and 4x50 amp. I've been thinking about upgrading the speakers, but now I'm leaning towards just figuring out which ones are blown and replacing those with junkyard speakers. It's sure as hell cheaper! Lol

They're not too bad, but at higher volumes they're very distorted with more bass.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tighe said:

I agree with this. A few years back @Aequitas_Veritas and I installed a full set of Alpine SPS-610C speakers in my wagon, but ultimately I thought it sounded better with the stock speakers, and the addition of a HU-901 + C70 amplifier. We eventually removed the Alpines and went back to stock, and I've been happy with it since. Could use a little more bass before distortion occurs, but otherwise no complaints. 

I had some Alpine Type S's in my old S70 (fronts only) and they were a decent upgrade.  But I've had a set of Rockford Fosgates sitting here waiting for my V70R for 3 or 4 years and I just can't bring myself to start messing with them.  That and the Dynaudio setup in my XC90 are two of my favorite factory systems.  The upgraded Harman/Kardon system in our new XC60 doesn't even sound as good to me as the older units, though I will say the B&O option in the new cars is fantastic but costs silly money. 

And, keeping us on topic...the yellow is about to get a full mechanical makeover.  FCP paid a good chunk of their rent off of me this week 🤣

• Upvote 3