Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

16 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

its his first and only post

good luck! ha

I'm like 90% positive its just a spam post.   The link given isnt even to a specific plotter, his isnt even listed, and its just a "these are the best of 2020" kinda thing.

Just bored, talkin to the bots. 

On 9/1/2020 at 8:30 AM, gmsgltr said:

you are more willing to play with e85 than put a k24 in?

Yeah, they’re in 2 totally different categories of modifications. 

I’d be crazy to buy/touch all the stuff associated with a K24 swap (turbo, inlet piping, modify IC piping, modify downpipe, main water pipe, coolant lines, oil feed line) just to get a different mediocre journal bearing turbo platform (turbine housing cracks, larger diameter shaft needed to use upgraded wheels) and still need a retune at the end of all of that. The 18T I bought drops right into my car without any messing around. 

For the work involved in a K24 swap, I’d rather install an actual big turbo (EFR 7064/7163 or G25-660) and make substantially more power than a K24 is able to.  

Maybe because I’ve experienced a  couple P80s with an EFR turbo in person, but if I’m moving away from a TD04, then I’m going right to a modern turbo and skipping the K24 “half measure”.  The newest generation of ball bearing turbos are easily capable of big power up to and little to no loss in low end drivability.  The only downside is cost, but it’d be well worth it in my book.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk :laugh: 

• Upvote 1

Just picked up an 08 Lexus LX570 for a family hauler, about two months ago. Already it's been through a few iterations...wheels, tires, spacers, etc. First step was throwing those horrid chrome rims away...

IMG-0392.thumb.jpg.75318068e179630e96ddb1bc857cdf2a.jpg

Next step was cleaning up and painting an old set of LandCruiser rims, and getting some decent tires on them. 1.25" wheel spacers on all 4 corners. Rims were painted using Superwrap 'Gun Metal'. So far so good. Active Height Control suspension is cool. 

IMG-0415.thumb.jpg.315c0507adf73c62d19992f04ca801b0.jpg

IMG-0417.thumb.jpg.e55603a1ae98dbec2fa84603d6fd9fc3.jpg

And finally some late model rims for daily street use. 

IMG-0671.thumb.jpg.8627bf0d6c378388ddbc9040b3e1411d.jpg

• Upvote 1

VERY cool - how many miles? I couldnt find any under 100k. I was looking at these when I bought our 14 XC90 recently...

2 hours ago, gmsgltr said:

VERY cool - how many miles? I couldnt find any under 100k. I was looking at these when I bought our 14 XC90 recently...

Thanks! 79k miles, got it for $24k. Dealer serviced here in SoCal since new - was too good a price to pass up and I actually bought it sight unseen! Looks brand new underneath, and has the dark gray interior which I prefer. 

But it drives like a boat and it's very thirsty, as expected. And Lexus/Toyota has also never been on the leading edge of technology - the infotainment/nav/audio are all pretty terrible to use. But whatever, I got it to haul us around and get into the desert from time to time for some camping. Proper roof rack, and roof top tent coming in the future...

wow

yeah drive it for a few years put tons of miles on it and sell it for the same price you bought it for 

nice deals! More pics! haha

• Upvote 1

Been playing around with this for the past couple of months. Volvo's have been sitting.

101175901_10157144337511957_759984962559

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoshV70 said:

Been playing around with this for the past couple of months. Volvo's have been sitting.

Awesome

freaking had to buy a front dash speaker in the 4runner.  Car is only 2 years old and the speaker is blown.  Nothing spilled on it, no loose wires etc.

230.00 for a stupid dash speaker.

Forgot I preordered a Funko back in May.

It came in yesterday apparently. 

Dog for size reference.

funko.jpg

• Upvote 1

Bought these 2 days ago. Almost didn't buy the guitar because of the ladys on the frets, Luckily I did buy it because the guitar is actually rare. (only one other online for sale)

The Gi and the Sayan armor are sick as all hell and I get complimented on them a lot.

26 minutes ago, RobT5M said:

Forgot I preordered a Funko back in May.

It came in yesterday apparently. 

Dog for size reference.

Aww what a cute lil puppy. More pics?

Also bought this blue Nintendo 64 four days ago and a few games. I have some money saved so I have been trying to support our locally owned businesses with the money.

So, so, sweet. Zelda is just as fun as when I played it as a kid.

Edited by Quip1337x
changed "4" to "four"

On 10/2/2020 at 6:18 PM, Quip1337x said:

Also bought this blue Nintendo 64 four days ago and a few games. I have some money saved so I have been trying to support our locally owned businesses with the money.

So, so, sweet. Zelda is just as fun as when I played it as a kid.

How much did you spend?

You have to be careful on these because they are a dime a dozen and prices vary wildly.   I've seen them for $20 and for $150.  
I almost bought another n64, even though we each still have our childhood ones, just because it was $20 with a few games at a flea market the other day.   Might still buy it when we go back next weekend just to have parts if needed.

Speaking of flea markets.

Scored a new vinyl, that while I really want to play, I want to just leave it in the original wrapper more.

rhps.jpg

New King Size Mattress.

Extra Firm for the win.

Got it from Original Mattress Factory.  It's made local so I like that.