Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

BlackT5

yeah I know I agree but I just want this thing to run and go

the more I read about them failing, the more afraid I am to drive it too hard. I kind of roll away from a stop...

Happy birthday to me. Shop press for 80bones only used a few times, going this weekend to pick it up at my buddies mom's house, she told him it has to go and he dosen't have room at his house so I told him i'll take it and you can come over when you want and use it :D .

sx0406.jpg

Care to elaborate...

It seems the manual R's were stripping teeth in their spline gears and/or sustaining damage to the angle gear and hence disabling the AWD system. The geartronic versions were torque limited in the lower gears which may explain the lower incidences of failures.

I spoke to my independent Volvo mechanic and he had repaired some AWD XC70s with angle gear failures too.

Justin, care to elaborate?

It seems the manual R's were stripping teeth in their spline gears and/or sustaining damage to the angle gear and hence disabling the AWD system. The geartronic versions were torque limited in the lower gears which may explain the lower incidences of failures.

I spoke to my independent Volvo mechanic and he had repaired some AWD XC70s with angle gear failures too.

Justin, care to elaborate?

The manuals are stripping spline sleaves left and right .

The M66 I have used has 44k on it with a stripped gear going to try to get it out this weekend :huh:

The reason the angle gears go on the xc is due to oil weep / leaking out and mismatched tires on the cars.

and the 04/05 are the only torque limited ones 06/07 are blowing there spline sleaves also.

In 04.05 volvo was replacing the whole tranny when the sleaves went / why I have my 04 tranny wich such low milage.

after so many started kicking the bucket volvo went to replacing only the sleave thats it

Picked up a new one somehow the gauge on my old plastic body one wouldn't work and the pump wouldn't build pressure. So I figured get the silverline and have the ability to rebuild the pump if it should go bad again.

File photo :lol: but very similar, got the Mityvac 4050

04000.jpg

Picked up a new one somehow the gauge on my old plastic body one wouldn't work and the pump wouldn't build pressure. So I figured get the silverline and have the ability to rebuild the pump if it should go bad again.

File photo :lol: but very similar, got the Mityvac 4050

I've got one of those, it's awesome!

• Upvote 1