Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

IIRC only the t6's and early production V8's had the trans issues, i contacted Rob on TB, he'll be able to verify for sure. Either way nice replacement for the ugliest mercedes ever made :lol:

You're right, but you're wrong :P

Every single person I have known who has owned an XC90, whether it be the T6, the V8, or the 3.2; they ALL had transmission problems. The XC90 is a beautiful SUV but Ford just screwed up everything with the transmission. It's normal for the transmissions on them to go out every 40,000-80,000 miles :blink: I even heard that Ford used CHEVY TRANSMISSIONS in the XC90 :ph34r:

and what Mercedes-Benz? The R class? ML? GLK? :D

You're right, but you're wrong :P

Every single person I have known who has owned an XC90, whether it be the T6, the V8, or the 3.2; they ALL had transmission problems. The XC90 is a beautiful SUV but Ford just screwed up everything with the transmission. It's normal for the transmissions on them to go out every 40,000-80,000 miles :blink: I even heard that Ford used CHEVY TRANSMISSIONS in the XC90 :ph34r:

and what Mercedes-Benz? The R class? ML? GLK? :D

How about the 2.5T ? I have never heard of issues with that engine/transmission combo.

MB was an R350.

But Matt, EVERYONE he's known has had issues with theirs....so you're fucked, sorry

How about the 2.5T ? I have never heard of issues with that engine/transmission combo.

MB was an R350.

But Matt, EVERYONE he's known has had issues with theirs....so you're fucked, sorry

har har har :lol:

forgot the XC90 had the 2.5T. I'm just going from what I have heard from Volvo mechanics, many of which just told me to stay away from the XC90 altogether

har har har :lol:

forgot the XC90 had the 2.5T. I'm just going from what I have heard from Volvo mechanics, many of which just told me to stay away from the XC90 altogether

laugh.gif

I spoke to Danny about it, as well as a few owners and shops who have/had worked on them. This was the safest combo, short of getting the FWD version.

As for the MB, as negative as I sounded: that thing was a tank in the snow and ice, very sure footed, comfortable, plenty of power when it needed it. It's not an awful car, but I'll never own an MB again in my life, I can't justify the cost of maintenance or repairs.

laugh.gif

I spoke to Danny about it, as well as a few owners and shops who have/had worked on them. This was the safest combo, short of getting the FWD version.

As for the MB, as negative as I sounded: that thing was a tank in the snow and ice, very sure footed, comfortable, plenty of power when it needed it. It's not an awful car, but I'll never own an MB again in my life, I can't justify the cost of maintenance or repairs.

My neighbor has the AMG R-Class, the R55 AMG iirc. From what I have heard from them, its a very reliable SUV. They've had it for about 2 years w/ no problems

T5 uses the same tranny motor combo as the the rest of the T5 / R FWD or AWD

The Trannys that suck are the T6

on the V8 its motor issues on the 05/06 models

With the 2.5T I have yet to see any tranny or motor issues

T5 uses the same tranny motor combo as the the rest of the T5 / R FWD or AWD

The Trannys that suck are the T6

on the V8 its motor issues on the 05/06 models

With the 2.5T I have yet to see any tranny or motor issues

I might just buy a T6 XC90 and put a 6-speed manual in it :lol:

Anyhow ...

Thermostat - www.ecobee.com

$250 is cost sell for $330.00

Worth every penny :D

Theres even an app for the iphone :lol:

podpro.jpg

Bought it from one of Vai's techs at Jemfest for almost nothing.

• Upvote 1

Well, now that my turbo is donesies and I have an awesome coolant leak. Ordered Sconeman's intake pipe, AEM Uego wideband, and heater core coolant lines. Will be putting my 19T in for now and keeping the boost DOWN LOW until I can get a tune. dry.gif

In preparation for some things...

IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

Helping dad out with a few minor things in the 88 Stang that need some touching up. Bought him these as a fathers day gift. They are the seat belt trim pieces. On the left are the original ones that started white. New ones on the right, ordered original white ford paint to match the white leather and top. My dad is the only owner and the car has 41,000 Miles on it and completely stock as it cam from the factory.

DSCF3163-1.jpg

Pics of the car in the garage today,

DSCF3162.jpg

DSCF3160.jpg

• Upvote 2

ST31000528AS (1TB Seagate drive) #4 to add to my RAID 5 array. It's not that big, but now I will have 4x 1TB drives for a modest 3TB of RAID 5 storage. Time to figure out mdadm resizing.

Seagate1TB1.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

It's good, straight, runs and is race ready. Gonna freshen it up and make it somewhat nice, hopefully be on the track in a month or two. Could not pass it up for $1500.