Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

your feet feel better in the new shoes?

A little. I wear a sling around my heel and that helps more than anything. I'll also get fitted for some soles tomorrow, I hate all this sh&t, it makes me feel old.

for some reason i dont believe you, what school? what kinda times were you running? thats a lot for high school. did your team have lots of injuries? didnt know you ran John! thats sweet

I think my best was sub 18 for a 5k. I ran XC because it was the season before hockey and i didn't have enough motivation to train by myself. Our team had alot of stress injuries like shin splints b/c we didn't have much land and most of the running was done in the surrounding neighborhoods. The name of the school was Howard high School, the original school for Howard County laugh.gif. I ran up until the end of my junior year season when I took a puck on the top of my foot in a game and broke some bones. I was able to skate weeks later but the impact from running was unbearable even months after. Senior year I got lazy laugh.gif

Just got this in the mail

0920101251.jpg

Oxygen Sensor from Amazon

d1 college xc/track, i maxed 100 once but settle at 70-80 plus biking and pool running.

Damn, thats a lot of miles in a week. Don't think I do 80+ in a month laugh.gif Granted, I run long sprints, so miles aren't as important, but still.

Where do you go to school?

And to go back on topic:

26.jpg

x3, now I'm set for the rest of the school year

It's a Great gun/round I really like the Hornady Hp ammo, nice deformation,clean cycling. :ph34r: so is a Kimber 1911 :ph34r:

Get a Rubber Grip on it ;) My girl can group 4in double taps from 20ft with it

and if it's not your primary defense weapon , get a reduced re-coil spring :D better accuracy. A tactical light will help eliminate muzzle flip. The .40 is prone to this in Polymer weapon

Oh and if you get a holster Nylon or leather will have a smoother draw. The molded holsters are nice, but may require some brake in period and a hair dryer to loosen it up and they are still very snug.

Oh man i love it, i had a model 19 for a while, but i wanted to train/own something more like what I'd be carrying at work, plus 9mm laugh.gif nuf said. Ehhh i had some funny experiences with 1911s especially when they fail to load a round blink.gif, can't beat the reliability of a glock. BTW i tested the ghost trigger yesterday and WOW, i got my double taps to 3in groups at 15m. Also +1 on the holster, i have a Blackhawk serpa paddle holster and its the smoothest draw ever, much better than my duty issue.

Damn, thats a lot of miles in a week. Don't think I do 80+ in a month laugh.gif Granted, I run long sprints, so miles aren't as important, but still.

Where do you go to school?

syracuse university, im a 400/800/miler/3k/5k

I think my best was sub 18 for a 5k. I ran XC because it was the season before hockey and i didn't have enough motivation to train by myself. Our team had alot of stress injuries like shin splints b/c we didn't have much land and most of the running was done in the surrounding neighborhoods. The name of the school was Howard high School, the original school for Howard County laugh.gif. I ran up until the end of my junior year season when I took a puck on the top of my foot in a game and broke some bones. I was able to skate weeks later but the impact from running was unbearable even months after. Senior year I got lazy laugh.gif

wow. thats a lot of work, im sure it helped for hockey!

Not too shabby Mike!

Greg: I ride 40+ miles on Tuesday, run 8-10 miles Thursday, another 10 on Saturday (both are done pre-dawn) and then I ride and run as I can on Sunday, usually about 20-30 miles on the bike. If not, I'll do a 5 mile run, tempo.

I was able to run a 10K at a 7 minute mile pace this Sunday. Considering how sloppy I've been with eating and training these past few weeks, I was happy. Goal is to get back into the 6 minute mark I could do right after college.

impressive. you probably have been doing this for a long time? did you run in high school/college?

ON TOPIC:

$50 an ebay... ice cream spilled all over my timberland backpack last week :(

northface.jpg

• Upvote 1

impressive. you probably have been doing this for a long time? did you run in high school/college?

ON TOPIC:

I've been running competitively on and off since I was 15 (I'm almost 34 now). I race bikes throughout college though.

And to stay on topic:

A pair of flip-flops since Summer didn't get the memo about being over...

mosquito_logo.png

\

I have had my TNF recon since highschool and still use it daily! I can't say the same quality is in my TNF jacket i bought 2yrs ago

60d_586x186.gif

Picked this up to have a backup body. Going to start getting serious into photo/video... I think. Plus, I wanted to play with it.