Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

BlackT5

Greg that's gotta suck! I just found out yesterday that need a new roof and attic insulation. I knew it was coming, just with I had done more research on what I want to get it done ASAP. sad.gif

We have about 15 inches of blown in insulation in our attic, it's made a large difference in room temperature upstairs. It's cheap too, don't go the Lowes or HD route and call around. It's worth it.

Roof: just did ours last month, architectural shingles, used Bone Dry Roofing (they're a chain), be careful with power nailers when installing the new roof, they can create leaks over time. Hand nailing the shingles is a big plus (Bone Dry does that).

Greg that's gotta suck! I just found out yesterday that need a new roof and attic insulation. I knew it was coming, just with I had done more research on what I want to get it done ASAP.

Yeah, luckily it pays to know people and I bought the unit and had it installed cheaper than I could the unit alone from others. Also, it's R22, and nobody wants to sell just an R22 heat pump anymore, the want to convince you that you need a new system for 8-12k dollars. :rolleyes: If we didn't find this unit, I would have just ripped the compressor out and replaced it myself. I went from 10Seer to a 13 Seer, so that's a bonus too.

We have about 15 inches of blown in insulation in our attic, it's made a large difference in room temperature upstairs. It's cheap too, don't go the Lowes or HD route and call around. It's worth it.

Roof: just did ours last month, architectural shingles, used Bone Dry Roofing (they're a chain), be careful with power nailers when installing the new roof, they can create leaks over time. Hand nailing the shingles is a big plus (Bone Dry does that).

I'm looking into getting someone to spray foam in the attic even up on the underside of the roof. The upstairs gets the western sun beating down on it all afternoon and gets really hot. The fiberglass bats that are their are matted down and worthless. And for the roof I"m going cool steel roof w/standing seam. I've read a lot about how unskilled roofers nails can really F-up the membrane or shingle killing the lifespan of the new roof.

Yeah, luckily it pays to know people and I bought the unit and had it installed cheaper than I could the unit alone from others. Also, it's R22, and nobody wants to sell just an R22 heat pump anymore, the want to convince you that you need a new system for 8-12k dollars. :rolleyes: If we didn't find this unit, I would have just ripped the compressor out and replaced it myself. I went from 10Seer to a 13 Seer, so that's a bonus too.

I just pray my 21 years old ac system makes it to the end of the summer! ph34r.gif My furness is 16 years and the plenum and ac coil is swiss cheese, now I know why the basement is cold. rolleyes.gif So I have to figure out do I just get if fixed or do I go for broke and replace everything! unsure.gif

Finally got a little tool kit to keep in my car. Bought these than tossed in all of the doubles of any tools I had.

2011-06-11164928.jpg

i dont know how many times my tool kit has saved my ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD! i love it