Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

swap out crappy 90amp for a 130amp one from a convertable ;)

swap out crappy 90amp for a 130amp one from a convertable ;)

Damn it, had I of known that I would've got one from Volvo for a vert. back when I got my current one. :lol:

I should be alright, not going to be running insane amounts of power. If Lisa's Cobalt has no problems with the Alpine 500/1 amp and the 2 Rockford P2D210's, 1.2 Farad Tsunami cap I sure as hell shouldn't. B)

this for now... rest next week.

Lian-Li-PC-A70F-Enclosure.jpg

Photo-0207.jpg

I have the biggest soft spot for JL Audio. :lol:

Once my wiring kit, capacitor and line level converter arrive I'll install everything. I'm going to put a distribution block on the + after the cap for ease of future expansion as well. I'm still on the fence about a subwoofer(s).

I do know that this amp will produce 500/1 @ 1 to 4 ohms which will suit so many different subwoofer/voice coil setups. That was the main attraction. I've been studying the manual for the amp a lot, I plan on using all those settings to my advantage. There's just so many ways to tweek the sound quality as you can see. :D

Hopefully that was a generic picture of a wire kit and not the actual kit, looks too cheap. Might as well use two distribution blocks then. The Slash series amplifiers is almost all discontinued(older tech). Just because the amp manufacturer states something does not make it true. Stay between 3-4 ohms and you should be fine.

Hopefully that was a generic picture of a wire kit and not the actual kit, looks too cheap. Might as well use two distribution blocks then. The Slash series amplifiers is almost all discontinued(older tech). Just because the amp manufacturer states something does not make it true. Stay between 3-4 ohms and you should be fine.

That is the actual wiring, I've used JL and Rockford wiring in the past and honestly cannot tell a difference between spending upwards of $100 per kit vs. $35 like the 4 AWG kit I installed in my wife's car. It will be fine. Of course older technology will be improved and discontinued. That's the name of the game, being old surely does not mean something's junk or has a disadvantage.

I am more than likely going to end up with an Aluminum cone Eclipse 12 in. subwoofer which is a single 4 ohm. Either way I disagree, JL amps can easily power @ 1 ohm.

Edited by --Aaron--

I used to agree with you until, you flaked with the interior. Now you talking trash about jl audio which you obviously know nothing about. Slash series it's still current product just revised with version 2. Jl also has RIPS technology, Regulated Internal Power Supply . Regulated from 1 to 4 ohms and power from 11 to 14.5 volts. Thus the 500 watts it states is what you get no bull no austin powers...just real deal power. On anothernote th he new

Hd series are awesome.

• Upvote 1

I used to agree with you until, you flaked with the interior. Now you talking trash about jl audio which you obviously know nothing about. Slash series it's still current product just revised with version 2. Jl also has RIPS technology, Regulated Internal Power Supply . Regulated from 1 to 4 ohms and power from 11 to 14.5 volts. Thus the 500 watts it states is what you get no bull no austin powers...just real deal power. On anothernote th he new

Hd series are awesome.

Man, I saw the new HD series at WeeBee the other day. Those things are crazy! So small they can be installed into a glove box or center console. :lol:

Thanks for the confirmation. Older JL products, newer JL products.....you really can't go wrong. Unless of course my new, used amplifier doesn't work. Haha, the guy I bought it from was pretty cool. He had it paired with the 12. in. Eclipse I mentioned in a Mercedes hatchback. It was just the kind of person that you could tell wasn't playing games, just trying to unload things for some cash.

Edited by --Aaron--

That is the actual wiring, I've used JL and Rockford wiring in the past and honestly cannot tell a difference between spending upwards of $100 per kit vs. $35 like the 4 AWG kit I installed in my wife's car. It will be fine. Of course older technology will be improved and discontinued. That's the name of the game, being old surely does not mean something's junk or has a disadvantage.

I am more than likely going to end up with an Aluminum cone Eclipse 12 in. subwoofer which is a single 4 ohm.

Asp kits vary from vendor to vendor.it is the quality of the wire kit and the amount of strands inside the casing.

Asp kits vary from vendor to vendor.it is the quality of the wire kit and the amount of strands inside the casing.

Meaning sometimes a 4 AWG wire will actually be an 8 AWG wire in thick covering right? I did check out a few images of the 4 AWG in the kit I bought, it didn't look too bad. None the less though that was in the back of my mind. I wanted a JL kit to tell you the truth but am ballin' on a budget so yeah. :lol:

The kit is from Tsunami and was $35, they've been a decent name for a while haven't they? Or just your average budget brand?

Edited by --Aaron--

Hd series are awesome.

LOL, the interior deal is all on you. If you want something, pay for it and go get it(when something is ACTUALLY for sale, at the time it was NOT, you just assumed). Interior is long gone, get over it.

BTW: The slash series is older, just pointing out a fact. HD's are newer, with XD's being the newer still(not breaking news). While I was not praising the amplifier I feel my post showed no negatives, other than the picture of the wire kit looked cheap.

• Downvote 1

tsunami is good in my book...

I think what he was saying is that the wire attached to the amp looks like an old 120vac power cord from a lamp or something.

tsunami is good in my book...

I think what he was saying is that the wire attached to the amp looks like an old 120vac power cord from a lamp or something.

:lol:

Believe it or not that is actually JL branded speaker wiring. It'll either be that or Monster, I have a lot of that floating around over at my father's.

LOL, the interior deal is all on you. If you want something, pay for it and go get it(when something is ACTUALLY for sale, at the time it was NOT, you just assumed). Interior is long gone, get over it

Wow, I gave you my number to call me, I gave you a email address to send pictures to. I am over it. You just fucked up in the way you did stuff. this is the most communication I got from to you. doesn't matter now, like you said, either way. Last time you will hear about it from me.

You also started mis information about th jl amps.

• Downvote 1

Wow, I gave you my number to call me, I gave you a email address to send pictures to. I am over it. You just fucked up in the way you did stuff. this is the most communication I got from to you. doesn't matter now, like you said, either way. Last time you will hear about it from me.

You also started mis information about th jl amps.

Do you even wonder why I stopped communicating with you? It's how you assume I am good with a 3rd unknown party picking up the merchandise, being not available(volcano interior) is a moot point(I am not, Justin knew this when he bought my Propus wheels). You want something pay for shipping or pick it up. That way, you don't like what you see, don't buy it.

"ok, if you cant locate a seat by may 19th then i guess i will have to take myself out of the running to buy the interior. i would still like to see the pictures of what i would be getting."

steve "

Why would I send you pictures if you take yourself out of the transaction? No different than if a customer came into your store saying your gonna do this now, sell it to me at cost, and my buddy will pay for it and pick it up when your done. You would say, "there's the door"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do you even wonder why I stopped communicating with you? It's how you assume I am good with a 3rd unknown party picking up the merchandise, being not available(volcano interior) is a moot point(I am not, Justin knew this when he bought my Propus wheels). You want something pay for shipping or pick it up. That way, you don't like what you see, don't buy it.

"ok, if you cant locate a seat by may 19th then i guess i will have to take myself out of the running to buy the interior. i would still like to see the pictures of what i would be getting."

steve "

Why would I send you pictures if you take yourself out of the transaction? No different than if a customer came into your store saying your gonna do this now, sell it to me at cost, and my buddy will pay for it and pick it up when your done. You would say, "there's the door"

You again FAILED to call me. You failed to send me pictures. You failed at assuming what I would do at my store. I would be ok with a customer posting for something and his friend picks it up. I don't care since I got my money and the customer is suggesting a 3rd party pick it up. This I us called customer service or just plain old being accomodating. You did however get me to respond to something I said I would not. You failed to realize that I would be paying for something that I did not see, touch, and feel. You also feel you have the upper hand because you have the item.you feel you can do what ever you want. like I said, I am over it. You don't deserve anymore of my time and energy. Goodbye, it ends here now.