BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Is that their new LED HDTV? My wife and I just got a 32 in. 720 LED and the picture quality beats LCD/Plasma 1080 by a long shot. Not to mention the thing is one inch deep and weighs like 5 lbs. :lol:

That one isnt...just a random vizio picture I grabbed. Got their 37" LED 1080p. About the same cost as the 37" Vizio LCD 1080p I bought 2 years ago.

That one isnt...just a random vizio picture I grabbed. Got their 37" LED 1080p. About the same cost as the 37" Vizio LCD 1080p I bought 2 years ago.

That's cool, for Walmart branded things Vizio is pretty nice IMO.

The thing with Vizio is that the parts are identical to what other manufacturers have. Samsung or LG/Philips are pretty much the top two manufacturers of panels, so chances are the Vizio has one of those. There are also Hitachi panels, but I haven't seen that many of them. If you look at the power supplies, main control boards, even the CCFL inverter boards (for non LED TVs), they are identical pieces. My Samsung 40" in the bedroom has the same PSU as that of a Vizio and the Samsung 46" in the living room has a main board that is in other TVs as well. If you save money on the Vizio, by all means do it.

The thing with Vizio is that the parts are identical to what other manufacturers have. Samsung or LG/Philips are pretty much the top two manufacturers of panels, so chances are the Vizio has one of those. There are also Hitachi panels, but I haven't seen that many of them. If you look at the power supplies, main control boards, even the CCFL inverter boards (for non LED TVs), they are identical pieces. My Samsung 40" in the bedroom has the same PSU as that of a Vizio and the Samsung 46" in the living room has a main board that is in other TVs as well. If you save money on the Vizio, by all means do it.

Interesting, never thought about it like that. Either way the price of pretty much all HDTV's has fallen a damn good bit so many good deals are to be had. Walmart just kicks some killer sale prices from time to time and it's hard to resist. :lol:

Vizio is good bang for your buck. My old one is still working fine a couple years in and a friend of mine has had one for 4 years now?...and its still running great!

• Upvote 1

I honestly can't believe how long my Vizio has lasted, countless times left on over night, a shared TV with roommates for years....that thing has seen some serious hours and still keeps ticking, I will most likely be a re-peat vizio customer when it actually does pop. I purchased this thing when they were exclusively being re-sold at Costco :blink:

Edited by Mesoam

I had some money to spend a couple years ago and I bought the 42" Samsung Plasma that Best Buy sells for like $600. The picture is beautiful and I know numerous people who have bought them (including Reid).

I went up there the other day to look for a bedroom TV and now they are cheaper (same model type) and upped the screen size by an inch. I love Samsung and will probably stick with them for a while.

600 bucks for a 42'in plasma? Sounds like 720p?

Yes, it's 720p but the only time you'll really notice that is in something larger than a 42. The picture quality is incredible, colors are super vibrant. Great for Blu-Rays and games for sure.

600Hz > 240 Hz

I will say, the new Vizio with the built in Tivo looks pretty enticing, but I've literally hooked my entire family on Samsung.

42" Plasma, 52" Plasma, and 40" LED. All bomb.

But that's just my .02

10 free sample Moo.com Business Cards. (you get 10 free if its your first time)

So seeing how they look before I order a hundred.

link to free sample.

http://us.moo.com/up...onal=1&ppid=113

I've used Moo several times in the past for business cards. Very high quality. Thing to note is that they don't make cards in the standard US card size, they are a european company and they cut their cards in the euro spec card size (which is shorter in length and taller in height..). Just an FYI.

More parts for the 142....

5"x6 5/8" #800 Afco Springs (needs more low)

E-fan wiring

14" E-fan

Oil cooler for the trans, bandaid until I swap the manual in..

• Upvote 1

Another fender rolling tool. It'll be forsale soon, once I'm done with it. PM me if you're interested. I'll sell it cheap.

Another fender rolling tool. It'll be forsale soon, once I'm done with it. PM me if you're interested. I'll sell it cheap.

1219279001_2_FT0_np1030497.jpg

Where do you buy cheap ones like that?