Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Yep one car garage in the back. Now unfortunately when we went back tonight to show the place to my mother in law we were told the lot I just put a hold on was already given to someone else. Good news is since they fucked up they are giving us the model with the 2 bay windows...a $3700 option. Our place will be right at $300k here in Ashburn.

300k for a home! must be nice...

what do you do for a living to afford that?

You familiar with mortgages? And cost-of-living rates in the DC-area?

aha, yea d.c. is pricey.

300k is kinda steep, IMO. obviously your location has a big impact on the cost of your home... you can get a lot of house for 300k in the midwest.

Location having a big impact? Location is THE impact. Haven't you ever heard the saying "location, location, location"?

• Upvote 1

Location having a big impact? Location is THE impact. Haven't you ever heard the saying "location, location, location"?

Gabes pretty much spot on here...

Oh...Chicago is in the Midwest and I am sure 300k doesn't go far in Lincoln Park

Ding ding ding

A few years back I was going to buy a house up above the Poconos in PA. House needed some work but it was huge on a 15 acre plot and was listed for 42K.

aha, yea d.c. is pricey.

300k is kinda steep, IMO. obviously your location has a big impact on the cost of your home... you can get a lot of house for 300k in the midwest.

Yeah... Location is everything. 2400 Sq Ft 3 car garage 5 Bd Rm Former Model, Single Family Home for about Half that in MN... But the commute to DC would be a Killer!

i mean shit a townhouse that size a little closer in would be more like 400k

you can get the same size home in kc that you can get in minneapolis for about 2/3 the price.

i'm aware of location. that has everything to do with what i do for a living.

i'm just naive to where people live on here and what they do. i see a number and just compare it to my current location and think, holy stuff this dude must be rich!

aha, yea d.c. is pricey.

Gabes pretty much spot on here...

Oh...Chicago is in the Midwest and I am sure 300k doesn't go far in Lincoln Park

Umm yeah... you couldn't get a house within 5 miles of my house for anywhere near 300k...

i'm just naive to where people live on here and what they do. i see a number and just compare it to my current location and think, holy stuff this dude must be rich!

True there!

We have Family in Southern Cali, and their house they purchased 3 years ago was over $400K it's a small 3 bd rm and has a tiny yard. It's a really nice house but compared to the prices I'm used to it seems crazy! oh well, It'll take me way more time to mow my half acre, but i don't have to worry about poisonous spiders... so I'm not sure who wins. ;)

True there!

We have Family in Southern Cali, and their house they purchased 3 years ago was over $400K it's a small 3 bd rm and has a tiny yard. It's a really nice house but compared to the prices I'm used to it seems crazy! oh well, It'll take me way more time to mow my half acre, but i don't have to worry about poisonous spiders... so I'm not sure who wins. ;)

Errr it was 65 and sunny here in San Diego today. :P

• Upvote 1