Sign in to follow this  
BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

nice find: omp in JY - wish i found something mildly decent in a JY lol

855 was from the auction! Nothing else on the car :( got all excited when I saw the omp and thought maybe I hit an enthusiast car. Not the case.

Only went for the 960 lip I spied a couple days ago, decided to walk back further, found a mint no scratch or scrapped 960 lip so I snagged that one instead.

Going to cut this one and the old one up, mold them together with my new found time off to get a single one that fits the r bumper correctly. not bad for $10.

Next to the 960 happened to be a 99 v70t. :D:lol: so grabbed those goodies, then on the way out spied a 855 with an omp bar!

p5e8h.jpg

Anyone know if the OMP will fit the 70? My obx is from an 850 and it fits the 70 fine.

It'll fit.

Sounds like the 70 is getting an omp and my obx is going for sale :lol:

Shitty pic, but the new daily. 855R....white on charcoal.....

saw that on c-list... how good of a deal did you get? it had a few easy issues right?

weird that you are going to be video taping babies dave

• Upvote 3

5Nd5J35M13K13I83J1c9o4a72e244652c1d61.jp

1989 Hunter D111 Toe-Line Alignment Machine!

This thing is great! up to 19" wheels and it is a string system so no false readings from optical problems like many head mounted machines. (I don't have $20,000 to spend on a fancy reflector setup!) It is updated to 2006 but that doesn't matter to me I only use my own alignment specs so I am not going to be updating it further. It is in great working condition with new rear sensor wires and 8 sets of new strings! minus a few problems it had with head setup prior to me getting it but its all squared up now and reading dead nuts accurate. It was an expensive piece at $250..

P.S. Pic from the for sale thread but I cleaned up looking a ton better.

Edited by Fishey
  • Upvote 2

It is updated to 2006 but that doesn't matter to me I only use my own alignment specs so I am not going to be updating it further.

I think in the past you've mentioned that you use alignment numbers different from 'spec' on the volvo. Have any tips for street use or do you think the spec is fine?

For $250? You didn't leave zero off that? You must be thrilled. I only have one non-track vehicle and I would love to have the ability to make weekend fixes, nevermind setting up and tweaking track configs.

I think in the past you've mentioned that you use alignment numbers different from 'spec' on the volvo. Have any tips for street use or do you think the spec is fine?

For $250? You didn't leave zero off that? You must be thrilled. I only have one non-track vehicle and I would love to have the ability to make weekend fixes, nevermind setting up and tweaking track configs.

Yea, $250 but I also use this machine for business so it was a fantastic investment!

My Volvo 850 specs are but each setup is different because you can't always get the perfect number. The relationship of the numbers can make more difference to handling characteristics then the numbers themselves.

+.05 Toe per side front (+.10 Total) Positive is toe-in (Keep that in mind)

-1.5degree camber , Max Camber possible by prying the bottom of the strut and tightening bolts

+.08 toe per side rear

-1.0 degree camber rear

zero offset and all that good stuff.

I didn't even bother to check caster because I have no way to adjust it same goes for corner weights.

I have run into problems at -1.5 camber though on 17" pegs with big and wide tires (225/45/17 Racing slicks that I DD on) as it pushes the tire into the strut so got to get spacers if doing this on an 850.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/177259_10100788523534388_1946549627_o.jpg

Edited by Fishey

Fishey, what kind of slicks are you running?

Any idea about how long does it take for them to warm up?

saw that on c-list... how good of a deal did you get? it had a few easy issues right?

I got it for a good price, guy just wanted to be done with it. I have a folder with nearly every receipt the car has ever had. Original window sticker, original dealer invoice from '96, oil changes, tune ups, tires, etc.

Found out Bmac has known the car and both owners that have had it, it's been well cared for. Has new 302's, white injectors, HD's all around, nice headunit, quality tint all around, and Thors. New brakes all around, New OEM ignition, New OEM PCV, etc.

So far I've replaced the TPS, OEM plugs, and fixed the timing belt (intake cam was off 5*), but it's still running rough. It looks like the intake manifold gasket might have been pinched or installed backwards, really hoping this solves everything....... Really need to drain the 8 gallons of gas that's been in the car for who knows how long, along with changing the fuel filter.

Fishey, what kind of slicks are you running?

Any idea about how long does it take for them to warm up?

http://sphotos-c.ak....611968520_o.jpg

Continentals (Re-badged Hoosiers) and they will get hot on the track in about a lap and a half but on the street on this car I can't get heat into them at all. There simply isn't enough car to get them hot enough to really become sticky.

Edited by Fishey

41tfsF3gxkL._AA300_.jpg

and I can put airsoft pellets in the pill bottle for that perfect max payne sound :D