BlackT5

Post A Picture Of Your Latest Purchase

Time to upgrade the 8 year old PC sitting on my desk - the upgrade life has been surpassed even though it barely contains any of the original parts that came with it.

887338.jpg

Got it for a steal too with WIN 8. Will max out RAM, add a Blu-Ray drive, new graphics card and likely a SSD at some point to house the OS for faster boot times. No sense paying Dell for things I can get cheaper elsewhere.

Skylight ? Enjoy those leaks.

Seriously, the devil himself designed skylights. Fact.

I have one in the girls bathroom and we've never had leaks in that one. It's original to the house which is 18 years old. Not a drip even after we had the roof replaced last Summer. Of course, this one doesn't open which may contribute to the lack of leaks.

why windows 8? you running a touch screen?

There will be a touch screen monitor involved as well as a touch pad. But it's Windows, I mostly use keyboard shortcuts for everything I need to accomplish. And besides, there IS a desktop to Windows 8:

screenshot-7-1351459545.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just watch out for cracking the case open on your own. You might invalidate your warranty. I think most have tape on the inside or outside of the case that has to be removed and/or broken to open it. It could also be done by tracking actuation of a switch. I haven't seen many consumer cases that have a case-switch, but commercial equipment will. Might make its way in to the consumer products. Even if they allow you to open the case, they might require you use their brand memory, or memory from an approved vendor list.

:lol: I'm seriously not worried about that. Dell's warranty only covers the hardware Dell shipped in the system. So if you install other hardware and the system has issues, Dell will not troubleshoot the PC until you remove the other hardware and reinstall the original (shipped) hardware.

I feel like Dell is really relaxed anyways... Granted it was Gold Support, and maybe I'm a special case... but when I had an issue, I told them what was at fault and they would send the new part and a return label.

:lol: I'm seriously not worried about that.

I think the reasoning should be more-so because you'd have better luck solving quantum mechanics than getting a helpful person on the line at Dell.

• Upvote 2

I feel like Dell is really relaxed anyways... Granted it was Gold Support, and maybe I'm a special case... but when I had an issue, I told them what was at fault and they would send the new part and a return label.

Yeah I've never had an issue with their support once I get them on the phone - probably because I'm capable of telling them what is wrong and what they need to replace too.

PXC 450

sennheiser_pxc_450_folded_flat.jpg

$(KGrHqJHJEMFBs(4c3S5BQj+YUmj5w~~60_3.JP

$T2eC16h,!)!E9s2fDwijBQj+YSbkC!~~60_3.JP

Mike always posts shitty from his phone.

its that obvious huh?. lol

FFITW.

Fat Fingers In The Way.

• Upvote 4

About 30 mins ago.

image_11976.jpg

• Upvote 1

Your going to love that thing... By far the best tool i ever bought, I just wish it wasnt buried in the garage behind all the motorcycles

Where did you buy it Gary ? It's one of those tools I can't justify getting but that would make life so much easier!