19t Vs. 16t

Zaro

I currently have the stock 16t turbo on my 96 850r (m59) plus all of the generic bolt ons, fmic, mbc, bov, 3" exhaust, na throttle body, etc.... Is the 19t turbo off of the 2000 v70r a worth while upgrade? Should I look for something else? I can get a brand new OEM 19t for under $800 cad.

Thanks again.

edit.... I would be going with an ARD tune to go with this aswell.

Then go with the 18T. It has a higher CFM then the 19T. Its got more potential in my mind

In your mind, perhaps :blink:

The 19T is a larger turbo than the 18T, and generally not recommended for stock early motors since it builds boost VERY quickly at low rpms.

18T makes more sense on a stock motor, although Lucky can likely safely tune the 19T, however. So, if the price is right, I'd get the 19T. If you don't also get the angle flange housing (which will also require you replacing/modifying the DP) you won't get the full benefit.

Yea if your going to build your engine within a year and you're not on an extremely tight budget I would wait and get something other than a td04.

For me I'm going to get a 19t/ARD tune soon and I'm not gonna open the engine till something breaks or the engines just tired. It's up to you though. And whoever said a 18t outflows a 19t is wrong.

If your gonna upgrade the motor, get a Tune and a exhaust for now, it will add some decent numbers to the car making it more fun. When you get bored of that, either rebuild motor if you can or go with a 19t, CAI, Larger injectors, performance coil, RIP kit, etc. Will get you around 300whp. And if thats not enough, sorry buddy. Youll need to dish out some cash for a rebuilt bottom end at least along with larger turbo, fuel pump and what not.

Archived