• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xr Bumper Mods

100 posts in this topic

Posted

Awesome job Joe! this is going to look great!

Posted

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Posted

I like it !!!

Posted

Very nice! Serious ingenuity. Looking forward to the finished product as well.

Posted

Paint it silver.

Gary

Posted

Paint it silver.

Gary

I am considering that - however it ties in with the rockers & rear bumper as it is - may be overkill all silver up front.

When I get the modded cover back, I have to move the lic plate. I can't run no plate, I got away with it for a couple of years, then got a ticket for it - which is $400 in NYS!

I'm thinking of moving it to the side... I photoshopped the plate out of the center & enlarged the grille to match what it will be...

IMG_9096a.jpg

Posted

NICE

Posted

Awesome work so far! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Posted

this car is just....what god wanted a automobile to be.

Posted

What did you use to cut the bumper cover, just some shears? I was actually talking to Scandalo about this but now I'm considering doing something similar with the stock s70 bumper. I like the plastic weld idea much better than working with fiberglass though. It will probably be a little tougher with the angled opening but if I manage to pull it off may look good, I figure buy a junkyard bumper and mess with it until i get something I like.

Posted

let me know if you decide to "re work" another 960 lip, I have been looking for something to put on the xc bumper for a while and I like this!

Posted

What did you use to cut the bumper cover, just some shears? I was actually talking to Scandalo about this but now I'm considering doing something similar with the stock s70 bumper. I like the plastic weld idea much better than working with fiberglass though. It will probably be a little tougher with the angled opening but if I manage to pull it off may look good, I figure buy a junkyard bumper and mess with it until i get something I like.

I used an angle grinder with a cutting disc, I just 'eyeballed' the amount to cut out. Safer to mark a line with a ruler & sharpie.

let me know if you decide to "re work" another 960 lip, I have been looking for something to put on the xc bumper for a while and I like this!

To be honest the whole plastic weld thing is a bit of a PITA - I don't mind doing it for myself, but not sure I be content with the results if I were doing it for someone else. I probably spent a good two hours on that lip, all told. The cover took much longer to refine.

Posted

HH are you intending to color match it at any point or are you going to leave it black? I have contemplated doing this as I had 2 940 lips but have a hard enough time getting into my parents driveway as it is so I never followed through with it. You should PM me because I might have an idea you might enjoy with the 940 lips

Posted

I used an angle grinder with a cutting disc, I just 'eyeballed' the amount to cut out. Safer to mark a line with a ruler & sharpie.

Ok good to know, i was considering that but have made quite a mess of plastic with an angle grinder before :unsure: