Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xr Bumper Mods

0 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Awesome job Joe! this is going to look great!

Posted · Report post

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Posted · Report post

I like it !!!

Posted · Report post

Very nice! Serious ingenuity. Looking forward to the finished product as well.

Posted · Report post

Paint it silver.

Gary

Posted · Report post

Paint it silver.

Gary

I am considering that - however it ties in with the rockers & rear bumper as it is - may be overkill all silver up front.

When I get the modded cover back, I have to move the lic plate. I can't run no plate, I got away with it for a couple of years, then got a ticket for it - which is $400 in NYS!

I'm thinking of moving it to the side... I photoshopped the plate out of the center & enlarged the grille to match what it will be...

IMG_9096a.jpg

Posted · Report post

NICE

Posted · Report post

Awesome work so far! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Posted · Report post

this car is just....what god wanted a automobile to be.

Posted · Report post

What did you use to cut the bumper cover, just some shears? I was actually talking to Scandalo about this but now I'm considering doing something similar with the stock s70 bumper. I like the plastic weld idea much better than working with fiberglass though. It will probably be a little tougher with the angled opening but if I manage to pull it off may look good, I figure buy a junkyard bumper and mess with it until i get something I like.

Posted · Report post

let me know if you decide to "re work" another 960 lip, I have been looking for something to put on the xc bumper for a while and I like this!

Posted · Report post

What did you use to cut the bumper cover, just some shears? I was actually talking to Scandalo about this but now I'm considering doing something similar with the stock s70 bumper. I like the plastic weld idea much better than working with fiberglass though. It will probably be a little tougher with the angled opening but if I manage to pull it off may look good, I figure buy a junkyard bumper and mess with it until i get something I like.

I used an angle grinder with a cutting disc, I just 'eyeballed' the amount to cut out. Safer to mark a line with a ruler & sharpie.

let me know if you decide to "re work" another 960 lip, I have been looking for something to put on the xc bumper for a while and I like this!

To be honest the whole plastic weld thing is a bit of a PITA - I don't mind doing it for myself, but not sure I be content with the results if I were doing it for someone else. I probably spent a good two hours on that lip, all told. The cover took much longer to refine.

Posted · Report post

HH are you intending to color match it at any point or are you going to leave it black? I have contemplated doing this as I had 2 940 lips but have a hard enough time getting into my parents driveway as it is so I never followed through with it. You should PM me because I might have an idea you might enjoy with the 940 lips

Posted · Report post

I used an angle grinder with a cutting disc, I just 'eyeballed' the amount to cut out. Safer to mark a line with a ruler & sharpie.

Ok good to know, i was considering that but have made quite a mess of plastic with an angle grinder before :unsure: