Sign in to follow this  
Che'_Moderator

#swedespeak Chat With Product Manager Frank Vacca

Tomorrow at 2:00 EST Volvo will be hosting another #Swedespeak chat on Twitter. This time they have Product Manager Frank Vacca to talk all things R-Design. They even promised a surprise exciting announcement.

is there a lower tech way to get this info?

twitter is to high tech for me.

• Upvote 2

is there a lower tech way to get this info?

twitter is to high tech for me.

Get Che to read you the tweets over the phone. Maybe he can do different voices depending on who's tweeting.

• Upvote 6

Get Che to read you the tweets over the phone. Maybe he can do different voices depending on who's tweeting.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes. Put it in a podcast and i would download it.

Yes. Put it in a podcast and i would download it.

:huh: Podcasts are probably just as hyper technical for poor Mike. :lol: You could get guest reader's Chuck maybe even get people to read in their own comments in their own voices? ;)

:huh: Podcasts are probably just as hyper technical for poor Mike. :lol: You could get guest reader's Chuck maybe even get people to read in their own comments in their own voices? ;)

No no, Chuck doing voices would be way funnier than getting people to read their own. Maybe Chuck could start doing dramatic readings of threads here too.

(Reminds me of back when a local radio station had a old lady come in and do Dramatic readings of pop songs. Mmmmm Bop was hilarious!)

We could put that podcast on a CASSETTE TAPE and Mike can listen to it. ;)

• Upvote 1

No no, Chuck doing voices would be way funnier than getting people to read their own. Maybe Chuck could start doing dramatic readings of threads here too.

(Reminds me of back when a local radio station had a old lady come in and do Dramatic readings of pop songs. Mmmmm Bop was hilarious!)

We could put that podcast on a 8 TRACK and Mike can listen to it. ;)

8 TRACK.

why can't we use the font size when doing a quote?

:lol: :lol:

What was the announcement?

Hopefully something good!!! .....shit.... even VW has a "R" model now :huh:

:lol: :lol:

What was the announcement?

Hopefully something good!!! .....shit.... even VW has a "R" model now :huh:

2012 R-Design S60 and XC60 with tune from Polestar. + 25 HP / + 29 lb-ft. torque is added to the North American S60 and XC60 R-Designs. With the S60 R-Design we bumped the T6 turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six to 325 hp and 354 lb-ft of torque. Passion Red exclusive to R-Design. Unique sport seats, embossed leather w/contrast stitch, sport steering wheel, inlays, blue gauges, and more.

Wasn't an exclusive announcement since these details have been available already. Really was just a chance to discuss the press release from April with a product manager.

Some of us beat up on them decrying the lack of a manual transmission.

Mike, step it up. You can do it, we promise to hold your hand and walk you through it. Twitter's fairly simple. Give it a try; ask your nine year old to show you how to use it.

Besides, maybe you can find a way to use it at work. You're sales right? Make an account, add all your customer's twitter accounts (when available) and tweet to them about new product deals, events you'll be available at etc.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By NEU
      So as I posted last week was looking for a new econ car daily. Was heavily leaning toward an Acura RSX, took a couple for a test drive this weekend. They were OK, but handling and power were not what I would call "exciting" by any means... I found some high mileage ones for under $5K, and low mileage cars for $10K for an '06, all private sales dealers wanted crazy $$ for low mileage cars too. The high mileage cars were usually trashed and for the cost of a newer low mileage RSX, I could step into a '11 c30 R-Design AW55 with 69K miles for just a bit more and it has a warranty. I got a good deal cause it was traded in at a local Honda dealer and had been sitting on the lot for 2 months so they wanted it to move.
      I really wanted to stay in the Volvo game and the c30 made it easier to bet some parts. I wanted the R-Design for the interior and suspension upgrades, better steering, 18" wheels, over the base model. Only thing this didn't have was the climate package (no heated seats!!!) cause it was a Florida car, no BLIS and as I found out driving last night no xenon... But it did have the good audio with NAV. The climate package and BLIS were almost a deal breaker but since it was a good deal I pulled the trigger... And couldn't be happier!
      https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fphoto.php%3Ffbid%3D10209459750872631%26set%3Da.10209459733672201.1073741839.1291358516%26type%3D3&width=500

• By Che'_Moderator
      I have had Facebook and Google+ integration running on here for a while, so I am pretty sure everything is set up and within their TOS. Twitter on the other hand is new, so I would appreciate any help assuring everything is running smoothly. If you make a post that you think would get attention also on FB, twitter, or any of the other social media sites, can you please try the links at the bottom of every post, and report back any issues or feedback you have. Thank you.
    • By ErikS
      Will Volvo make a new R series S60 off the polestar concept to battle BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, and other mid-size high performance sedans?
    • By Che'_Moderator
      For those whom are interested here is a reminder from Volvo.

We're hours away from our next #Swedespeak. Joining us from our Design Center in California is Design Director Christopher Benjamin. Christopher has incredible insight to offer on the past, present and future of Volvo design. Don't miss this exclusive edition of #Swedespeak and come prepared with questions as nothing will be off limits. http://twitter.com/VolvoCars_US
    • By Che'_Moderator
      Just a reminder to follow us or check the following sites in the event of a server outage. I will post updates on how long we expect to be down and when we are back up.

Volvospeed On Twitter
      Volvospeed On Myspace
      Volvospeed On Facebook

@volvospeed_